Monday 22 February 2021

From TeemuL: The King, Guardroom (45 points)

"Silence! King is here!" Somehow Shellington understood bits of the strange language he was hearing, low grunting voices, very similar to those voices in the previous room. "Oh, I thought I had seen last of those small people", he sighed. He vaguely remembered something about a distant land, where there lived short people, pygmies or something, could these be them? If they had a king and they were visiting his highly reputable university, it would all make some sense, at least for... Well, something. Nevertheless, despite being the professor of Chemistry, Uggla decided that this was not a proper situation to meet a king of some far away country, especially when those ceremonial axes were swinging here and there. S.N Owl-Ord quietly continued and slipped into the shadows. Where in the heck was he and where was that principal's office, who on Earth could help him?


I'm continuing with my Lotr dwarfs here, more of those blue helmets. Khazad Guard is my choice for the Guardroom and they are guarding their king, Balin. Lots of Contrast paints again and basically the classic tri color combination of red, blue and yellow with some black, silver and leather brown. It is difficult to get horrible results with this combination. Blue and yellow are quite bright, but the Flesh Tearer Red is a bit darker, creating a nice contrast (I hope) of hues.

Nothing special here, a quick and short post today, so I can continue Uggla's travels tomorrow. I'm behind my schedule on the Chambers, but now I have finished four rooms on level 2, so I just need to find a way down. And the third level is all planned as well, so I hope to enter the bottom of this Challenge early March, so I have enough time for the cunning requests of the Snowlord. S.N.Owl-Ord out.

4 28mm GW miniatures, 20 points (20 for GW side Challenge)

20 points for the room

5 room bonus points for the king the guards are guarding

45 points in total, 0 skulls

5 comments:

  1. Lovely looking king and guardsmen!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I love these middle earth miniatures. Most of the sculpts have held up very well, especially these ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the sculpts are very nice and they were very well done, all those years ago.

      Delete
  3. Great work on these dwarves. Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete