Monday 22 February 2021

From BruceR Lair of the Spider Chamber 40 pts

Shushhhhhhhhhh  we are nearing the Altar of the Snowlord.  We have pushed many challenges and overcome some strange tasks to reach this point.  Go ahead open that last chamber door, its only a spiders lair................SPIDER MY A--!!!!!!! 

Well as I said before I had the Spider's Lair beat until I read the Challenge Chamber Scroll.  Back to the drawing board.  What self respecting hobbyist of decades does not have an unpainted dragon sitting on the wall.  The good news it had been put together some time ago.  
The model is metal and without markings so I'll leave it to the other adventures to throw out guesses as to its origin.  Reaper?  






 I'm thinking it is a youngster in the red dragon breed as smallish.  The model is very nice.  Some excellent holes in the wings for effect and the metal ribs make it easy to highlight.  I confess I did the bulk with the air brush and then to the brush for highlights.  How surprised will the gang be if we pull out Frostgrave again and a new foe awaits!
GW figure for size demonstration. 


Size wise it is similar to 28mm vehicles I have painted so I've tallied 20 points for the beastie.  If too much O'Wardens of the Chambers feel free to deduct.
20 pts Dragon
20 pts Chamber 
40 pts total


5 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous piece- the colour gradation, the subtle markings, the vibrant tongue- bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great looking dragon. Brilliant work Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really sharp looking dragon - though probably a trip to the dentist would be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking dragon and very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking dragon, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete