Wednesday 17 February 2021

From MartijnN: Provisions and properties: The Larder

 Although I love food,  I have never felt the need for any food-related figures in my gaming or collection. As a result, I found myself hard-pressed to find a suitable figure for passing through the Larder.  However, once again the 3D printer and Kickstarter came to the rescue. In the glorious Desert Adventures Kickstarter are some very nice figures, among which is this Arabian merchant selling his fine gourmet foodwares at cut-his-own-throat prices:

 


I am quite sure he will “make very special price for you, my friend”! I let myself be inspired by this 19th century illustration:

 


By now it should not come as a surprise to anybody that I used Contrast Paints on this one again.

Obviously, a merchant needs to live somewhere, and so here is his humble dwelling in 6mm scale:

 


As a matter of fact, not far off is the little town where he is wont to sell his fine fruit:

 


These buildings are one again 3d printed, this time from a small Kickstarter simply titled “3D Stl Desert village Tabletop 6mm 1:285”. Just what it says on the tin, really. They are nice models that print up well.



So how much are we talking here?

Well, one 28mm foot figure at 5 points + the bonus for the Larder= 25pts. Easy.

But then: one 6mm dwelling at 10 cm3 (2.5x2x2cm) and one 6mm Arabian village at 150 cm3 (10x10x1.5 cm) for a total of 160/3375 (that's about a 6” cube in cm3 for us non-Imperials, if my reckoning is right) or almost 5% of a 20 points 6” cube or 1 point, rounded up. I'll just have a little lie-down now, thank you.

Total 26 points, which sees me passing my goal! Yippee! 

And what's more, I can go a level down!  And take some time to think about upping the ante for the remaining month of the Challenge...


7 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love that merchant figure. Well done Martijn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One rat-on-a-stick for me dear Dibblah! Great stuff mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous work on the street vendor. The little town looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great looking figure and just love the village.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the merchant Martijn, the period print just seals it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking town and street vendor!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. That village is quite fetching!

    ReplyDelete