Wednesday 17 February 2021

PaulS: Snowlord's Altar: Cops vs Cannibals (180 points)

 When Curt reached out to ask what I needed a specific push to complete for the Snowlord's Altar I had to think about it for a while as there are so many things I need to get around to painting. Eventually I settled on the personal challenge I had set myself; to try and complete one of each Necromunda gang. I'd already done two this challenge, so it made some sort of twisted sense to try and do two more gangs for the culmination of the dungeon crawl. It just so happened I had a paired set of gangs lined up in the queue that work well as opponents... to the point that they come together in the Dark Uprising box. Just to fill it out a little bit more there's also a selection of scatter terrain added too. Everything you see is new for this.

We have a lot of Enforcers; the police of the underhive. With the other gangs I'd just pulled together one 1000 credit gang but with the Enforcers I decided to pull together two as there was a juggernaut of a list put together on the Necromunday pages from Goonhammer.com that is pure beatstick with 6 heavily armoured Enforcers with riot shields and shock staves that looked fun. I'd already stuck together some as test models... so rather than 10-ish models I have 21 for the Enforcers.

The Enforcer judge was made to stand out a little... (ok, a lot) by adding the officer's coat from the Scions kit. Here you can see him checking up on the enforcer terminal


It looks like a local Cawdor gang has been defacing the terminal with graffiti... issue the arrest warrant!
And here's that beatstick squad. I don't think I'd want to face off against this one...

The most gruesome of the necromunda gangs released to date is the Corpse Ginder cult. This is made up of individuals that work in the Corpsestarch plants that convert the hive's dead into a starch like food for everyone. Over time some people start to hear the call of the flesh and start to consume the dead, rather than convert them into corpsestarch; turning to Khorne's embrace. There are some bits in the kit that I'm not ever so keen on, so there are some replacement bits dotted throughout.

I bought the stl for the middle character from Ghamak on MyMiniFactory as a nice boss. He's using one of the GW heads though as it looks slightly better than the Ghamak version. I'm tempted to reprint him a little larger though as he's skinny compared to some of the others...

I used heads as an identifier for the different levels of character within the cult. These skull heads are for Skinners. The hooded heads are for the Cutters.


The standard heads for the initiates are these weird caged things that just look terrible (imo), so they got replaced with some of the more crazed flagellant heads. One even seems to be licking blood off his blade, which was a nice surprise when it went together!

and here's all the terrain bits, except for the Enforcer comms unit gathered together.


All in all that is:

21 enforcers for 105 points

9 Corpse Grinders for 45 points

probably half a cube of terrain for another 10 points

plus the 20 for the chamber

Total: 180 points

plus another 30 figures for the GW challenge and a whopping 53 skulls spread across the bases, barrels, graffiti and all the iconography on the green jacket's clasps and medals. I'm not counting the 27 Enforcer logos even though they look skull-like

I just realised that this also tips me over my 1000 point goal... so I guess 1500 is the next target!


10 comments:

  1. Fantastic! These gangs look brilliant Paul. I love all the extra bits you added to make them your own. I'm also impressed with the terrain you did, especially the terminal all tagged up by Cawdor. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cawdor tag came from a sheet of transfers that Forgeworld did when Dark Uprising came out that is safety warnings and gang tags in various colours/sizes

      Delete
  2. Dang that's a whopper! Briliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is pretty cool - I love those Enforcers, especially the one wearing the Scion coat - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The enforcer models are a great kit and you have done a wonderful job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking pair of gangs, the enforcers are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the weathering! Well done on the skull count as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Necron heads count as skullz, then the enforcer logos do as well. 80 to you, sir.

      Delete