Wednesday 17 February 2021

Orcs from the Orcs Lair Mark Backhouse (30 points)

 A fairly mundane posting I’m afraid but I’ve got a more exciting one next. My Analogue Painting Challenge seems to be in fits and starts. Luckily I have been painting, but the cunning nature of the dungeon means I’m saving some of my figures for later chambers of the maze!


Up next for the Orc’s Lair is a pair of old Warhammer Fantasy Regiments Orcs. I did a few of these last challenge and still had a few kicking around that needed a bit of love. Luckily you can never have too many orca so a couple more will help provide another pair of arrow magnets for my friends High Elves to target.

These funny chaps are beautifully simple plastic sculpts. I fell in love with them when WFB 3rd edition came out in about 1987 aged 9.



The 3D shields were a nice feature. The classic grinning moon has become a key feature of more recent Goblin army versions. Back in 1987 these must have been one of the first plastic shields with an embossed design. 
So a very simple 2 x 28mm figure @5 each = 10 points
Mission completed = 20 points
Total = 30 points

10 comments:

  1. Great job on these Oldhammer classics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff...I feel like I am looking at photos of an early-edition WHFB rule book...these are so nice! Well done Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Greg, these make me kind of misty to see again. Love the shields, though I must say I always hated that they never properly faced straight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the skintone and shields are awesome paintwork, lovely miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking pair of old skool orcs,pretty sure I've got a pile of them in the loft! Skin tone is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Mark. I have ten of the white plastic types in my old orc force. Brings back memories.
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work there Mark! Love those classic sculpts!

    ReplyDelete