Wednesday 3 March 2021

From ChrisF - The Hatchery entry OWLBEAR 15mm (22pts)

 So it's kind of a bird! This mini started out as a 15mm Twanax from Blue Moon , but since I had six of them I decided to modify one into an Owlbear. 



The body is the original sculpture, but I chopped off the head with a dremel and sculpted an owl head out of Aves epoxy sculpt.


I did about 10 practice sculpts with clay to get the patterning and process down before I mixed up the Aves.


I painted him in high flow acrylics and sealed with matte varnish. 


I am going to do one more but I may try to make a barn owl head and paint the body white. Kind of a snow owlbear. 


I'm off to paint a witch!














6 comments:

  1. Nice work on that head- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great conversion work and lovely painting, he's come out a treat!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have known that was a conversion- nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You doing some great work in 15mm!

    ReplyDelete