Wednesday 3 March 2021

From MartinC War is Hard (42.5 pts)

 Back Nam today. We play tested the Vietnam war figures last week over zoom and it was great fun, calling in artillery is vital, but not so good on you own men (80% of USMC casulaties were friendly fire), post can be found here. It did highlight the need for some more figures, esp casualties. So a quick visit to Gringo40s , Empress didn't have the figures I wanted, and I bought some more USMC.


The figures are spectacularly brilliant. In my mind for wargaming figures the best 28mm companies are Empress (just brilliant), Crusader (joy to paint), Copplestone (joy to paint) and Aventine (brilliant). Not only do these Gringo40s figures enter that pantheon, they may be at the top.

Platoon commander and RTO. They figures are chunkier than Empress (think more time in the gym or more burgers)

Properly impressed with how they came out

Corpsman

My favourite, dragging a fallen comrade to safety

Really pleased with how they came out

Wounded guy, may add a rock or tree stump for him to lean on. I've left out a close up of the unconscious, death's door guy - not cheery enough.

So that is 8 x 28mm figures plus a prone one = 42.5 points
---------

Great additions to your army Martin, and they look spot on to me! I think that prone fig fully counts so thats 45 points for you matey

Cap'n Wednesday

20 comments:

  1. Great painting and as you say great sculpts! Checking out the website now. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ged who runs Gringo40s is a great chap

      Delete
  2. Really nice work on these Marines Martin. You’re giving me flash backs to gory full colour photo spreads in Life Magazine as spied through my 5 year old eyes in the Drs waiting room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i just about remember the Vietnam war. i have 1 image inmy head of Jon Pilger reporting on a battle towards the end of the war. I would have been 6 or 7

      Delete
  3. I see a Red Door and I want it painted black ⚫ more great Nam 👍 Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, more like "Who's the leader of the club that made for you and me? M.I.C.K.E.Y. M.O.U.S.E

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking grunts! Ace, just about remember it on the TV,does seem like a long time ago,have you seen the Don Mcullan photos of Khe Shahn,very grainy and gritty but very good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting on some characterful minis - oustanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved readding the BatRep it's really cool to see these awesome figures in play!

    ReplyDelete