Saturday 15 January 2022

From ScottM: Vulcan, Solaris & Arda (111 Points)

Our tour of the Outer Ring continues with our arrival at Vulcan (something logical). For this I went with some computers and miscellaneous objective tokens for Stargrave (Stargrave fig for size comparison). If I remember correctly, all the markers in pic 1 and 2 were 3D printed by a friend of mine. The ones in pic 3 are metal and I think they are actual Stargrave objective tokens.




Next up is Solaris (deception/illusion). For this world, I went with a 28mm metal Stargrave Mystic from North Star Military Figures' Stargrave line.



I'm really enjoying painting the metal Stargrave sculpts as the figures are nice, clean, characterful figures and they've all been great casts.

And finally we have Arda (fantasy). For this I went with the remainder of my Frostgrave Gnolls. These 28mm figs are all from the plastic Gnoll box set.







So that should be:
10 - 28mm foot figs = 50 points
bunch of markers = 1 point
3 locations (Vulcan, Solaris, Arda) = 60 points
Total = 111 points

From Millsy:

Those are some wonderful objective markers Scott! I'm trying to stay clear of Stargrave but I can feel myself spiralling into the black hole ever more when I see posts like this. I love all the little things like this that really bring a table to life instead of simple card or plastic tokens.

I like your gnolls too. I really didn't enjoy painting mine. Maybe I should have used some more colour variation like you have, yours are certainly more pleasing to the eye than mine.

Three quadrant visits in one post is quite something. Well done!

15 comments:

  1. Great painting Scott, can I hazard a guess that you obtained those Gnolls in the Stargrave Nickstarter? I am slowly working my way through that mountain of plastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job painting and creating a nice themed run along the Outer Ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking group of figures and Terrain pieces 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Scott, love the vibrant colours on the SG objectives. I think I see my old IMB XT in their

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mystic is either wearing a scary mask or it’s a Fade from The Wheel of Time. The gnolls came out well, nice unit of bad doggies.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great brushwork Scott. I particularly like those gnolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish on your mystic and the gnolls and useful looking objective markers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! You can’t have enough nice and tematic objective markers, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its not often that you see a grey cloak done so well- brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like all the Stargrave stuff.

    ReplyDelete