Saturday 15 January 2022

From ByronM - More 15mm Eldar (55 points)

Continuing on with my 15mm (20mm) Warhammer 40k project, I have a few more pieces finished this week.

First up is a unit of Fire Dragons, again these are 6mm models scaled up and printed as roughly 20mm scale (25mm to the top of the crests) from the excellent Lord Chronos on Cults. Even though these were meant to be 6mm scale, so much detail is there that I am pretty sure they would look ok even is scaled up to 28mm (they would be missing some detail, but still very usable).

The unit is made up of 9 Fire Dragons and the Exarch. Once again I kept the character on a different style base so that they are easy to spot at table distance in 15mm.  They are all painted in the traditional very bright yellow and orange paint scheme.

Next up is the transport to go along with them, again a 6mm model scaled up and printed to be huge.  This is done in the same turquoise type colour as the other 2 and features twin link bright lances to keep with the Fire Dragon theme of being able to kill any vehicle or monster type unit dead with heavy firepower.

As per the last submission of these models I am claiming the 10 figures as 4 points each and the tank at 15 points due to pure size and scale of this beast (just as big as most 28mm tanks).  That should put it at 55 points, but Millsy, please feel free to adjust or change at your discretion though as I really could care less about the overall points...

From Millsy:

I'm absolutely loving your small scale 40K stuff Byron. You've made me think about half a dozen different projects already. Stop please!

The transport is a lovely thing but the Fire Dragons take the cake. I know that's the traditional colour scheme but it doesn't matter that it's been seen before. That orange / yellow combo paired with the black weapons is an absolute cracker.

I see no reason to change your points mate. If nothing else, you didn't say "could not care less" which gives me the absolute you-know-whats and which makes you a top bloke in my estimation!

20 comments:

  1. Well these are awesome. I'm loving the clean, crisp colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the flaming yellow guys and their transport Byron. They are certainly safely dressed for road construction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or in their case, more like road de-construction.

      Delete
  3. What a cool project Byron, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m really enjoying this project Byron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Byron.

    ( I also have a soft spot for this specific unit type. Mechanized Dragons were my go-to to kill tanks and monsters.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they are good at their job, maybe too good, in the fact that I doubt I need a 10 man unit, but at 15mm they are too small and cute to not do a full squad!

      Delete
  6. Nice work Byron. Love the blue on the spaceship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work on these guys. The bright colours on the dragons really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work and at 15mm. Wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely grav tank and squad!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply superb - I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you made those Aspect Warriors pop without being too bright!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see more of these 15mm Eldar, great stuff 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete