Monday 21 February 2022

From Mike W - Classic Warhammer Orc Warriors (60 Points)

This week my 'production Line' suffered a significant down-time - although there is a very good reason for this! My latest Grandchild (and third Granddaughter) arrived last weekend and I have been engrossed in this new little bundle of joy all week...

That said I am pleased to present here 2 x Classic Warhammer Warriors, dating back from the 1990s, as a companion for the Classic Orc Archers I completed last week.

Completed Unit of 12 Classic Orc Warriors

These guys were already undercoated black and had three figures with damaged swords in the group. As such I was able to convert one figure into a Standard Bearer, utilising an old Beastman Standard I had in the spares box.

Undercoated figures

Another was converted into a Musician by taking the Horn from a Goblin Rider, again found in the spares box, whilst the final figure had a Goblin Sword added. Luckily the scale creep in Games Workshop figures over the years has meant that these spare parts were not seriously out of whack.

The Command figures of the unit, all converted / fixed to lesser of greater extents

The figures were painted in the same style as the recent Orc Archers, trying to keep that old school uniform look but I did add a red wash to their clothing hoping to give them a red hue, I had ideas of calling this unit the 'Red Guard'. Unfortunately this did not work very well so black washes were applied over this.


Close-up of some of Da Boyz

Skin was given a green wash and then highlighted with the original Goblin Green Army Painter colours.

Goblin shields were also liberated from the spares box, as replacements for the long lost originals, they were painted on the sprue and after gluing in place the whole figure was varnished.

POINTS

12 x 28mm Foot Figures = 60 Points

Nice work on these green skins Mike.  Good work on the conversions, fixes and resurrections.

Enjoy the new arrival.  My understanding as grandchildren are better than children as you get to hand them back to their parents when things get nasty.  Looking at your pending list, her arrival does not seem to have slowed you down at all.


10 comments:

  1. Well done salvaging those broken minis, Mike! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those old Orc bring a smile to me! Great work - and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Orcs! Congratulations on the new grand baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mike! Lovely work on bringing these lovely old models back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike:
    Greetings from one granddad to another. Mazeltov! Those old orcs take me back, goodness. I hope you claimed your skull bonus, skulls are big this year, I hear.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking old school orcs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Very tempted to try and paint some fantasy figs now

    ReplyDelete