Monday 21 February 2022

BradS 28mm ISIS / Syrian [Vulcan and Solaris ]

 


Today's submission is my new ISIS / Syrian Fighters Force. The figures are 3D prints from a Kickstarter I backed a while ago: War in Iraq. Although designed for Iraq they really work well for any Syrian type of fight. The two Toyota trucks I got from Spectre Miniatures. These figures were a lot of fun to paint up. The research I did showed forces that wear whatever they wanted too. There are units who wear similar kit, I wanted to represent a unit who did not. The fun part was using colors I do not normally use like blue and red. The cammo was also mixed which made it fun. 


I painted the trucks up to be worn and well used. I wasn't ready to fill them up with kit yet so they look a little plain. I intend on painting up some weapons and figures for the back of the trucks.


I really like how they turned out!




These figures are really well designed and full of detail. Although not as heavy and solid as metal figures the fine detail exceeds any metal figures I have. What I really like about 3D printing figures is that if I mess them up I can just print another set, gives me freedom to screw up.



For this submission I am going to the planet of Vulcan with the two Toyota trucks. Nothing is more logical than leveraging the pickup trucks you have to outfit your force for mobility. Next I am moving to the planet of Solaris for the ISIS figures. The deception they use to fit into the local population to protect themselves from better equipped armies certainly fits the theme. 
Point Total:
10 mm Figures for 10 x 5points = 50 points
2 28mm vehicles for 20 x 2 = 40 points
2 Planets for 20 x 2 = 40 points
Point Total: 130 points

Really liking these Syrian irregulars and their improvised transport Brad.  They're a rag tag crew and their trucks look every bit the part, ready to carry bad guys about Damascus or get towed away from central Ottawa.  

You are pushing my logical boundaries with Vulcan on the trucks.  I have a lot of discussions with my better half resulting from my attempts to McGuyver what's on hand instead going out to get the correct bit for the job.  However, it's a Holiday Monday for me so I'll let it slide this time.  No arguments on the deception for the ISIS figures however.

10 comments:

  1. Hats off to Peter's generosity and your skills with the brush Brad. These guys look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff, Brad! :)

    Well, this one sets a precedent for one I've seen in the queue for tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good trucks, Brad! The fighters look very deceptive.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking irregulars and good to see another pair of Toyota pick ups!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these modern Syrian forces. I’ll have to look at those STLs/prints. Also, nice to see those ubiquitous technicals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. You got off lucky with that trip to Vulcan, your Minion was kind to you. :)
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done. They look like a tough bunch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work on these moderns!

    ReplyDelete