Monday 21 February 2022

From Pete F: We'll Call It A Draw and Battlemaster (65 points)


For some black (knight) comedy - here's the defeated guardian of the bridge.  Boys of a certain age and background can pretty much quote every line of Monty Python's Holy Grail and will recognize this scene. I can highly recommend this movie to everyone else - although if you don't want to explain to your ten year old what the sisters in Castle Anthrax suggest to Sir Galahad then keep fast forward handy.  A couple of well timed coughs also work.

I had a LOT of trouble with colour balance on this one

Studio Miniatures Medieval Mayhem line has some wonderful sculpts - at some point I'm going to get the full set -  it doesn't have a white rabbit so I'll need source that monster from somewhere else.




The Robot is from the Battle Tech basic set. It is a Battlemaster painted in my own scheme and my first Mech. I've only dabbled in Battletech - mainly because one of my wargaming pals is steeped in it and enjoys the crunchiness of the play as well as the lore. And giant robots* are cool.

Well behind the pace for my target points, so I'll try and pick up some bonuses in a shameless points grab. I was randomly deposited on Vlogsphere for this Black Comedy entry so I think there's an extra 30 points instead of the usual 20.  I looked at past entries to see where people landed on points for Battletech pieces. Most are in the 28mm or 40mm height range - although this beast is 54mm foot to top of head. Technically they are a 6mm vehicle. Past entries have landed on 5 points each whatever the size - I'll leave it to Monday's minion to judge.

1x28mm foot + 1x 54mm tall robot = 15 points

 + 30 for a warp maelstrom planet (Vlogsphere thy micturations are to me...) + 20 for Cybertron = 65 Total

Squirrel +0 (total 6)

Skulz +0 (total 1)

*Is a Mech a Robot? There are differing points of view. 

Monty Python, a knight in black and spurting blood - pretty much sums up black comedy to me!  Great job on this iconic movie reference.

There are those who can debate the Mech vs Robot question, much in the same way as there are those who debate the best Three Stooges line up.  I am not one of these, but can verify that you have got a great looking menacing mechanical humanoid machine.  I've managed to get my giant and troll upscaled with Curt, so I am going to award points based on it being a 54mm figure.



6 comments:

  1. That mech looks fab, Pete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ‘tis but a scratch.
    I immediately recognized the scene without reading the description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mech is lucky, knight calling it a draw like that. :)
    Good job on the mech, it really does look like a big robot-thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking robot thing and the knight is priceless!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wounds will buff out. Comedy gold in miniature, bravo.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete