Wednesday 16 March 2022

From DougM - I think I have a case of the Vapours* in the Vogsphere (220 Points)

One last push this week...  again, all 3d printed, this time in 28mm, and for your delectation we have some of Imperial Japan's finest efforts. With suitable efficiency, and a Civil Service of many ranks, (in which admission and promotion could be won by beating your superior at Go), I present your Manchurian Candidates, a Type 89 and a Vickers Crossley armoured car.  I do love the Type 89 shot trap of a flat front, and the Heath Robinson nature of the armoured car. Suitable for early campaigns in China. 


Where would an army be without a fleet of bureaucrats ensuring strict compliance with camouflage schemes and making sure there were no unauthorised modifications? No sandbags or welded on track links for Japanese Armour. And of course, you need transport for the inspections. So the Kurogane Type A (looking remarkably like Noddy's car), and the later Type B, which is a US 'Pickup' or an Australian 'Ute'.


I have been playing Chain of Command games set in Malaya in 1941, and these are noticeable for the use the Japanese made of their light armour versus Commonwealth forces with virtually no anti-tank capability. I had already purchased 2 Type 95 Ha-Go tanks, but I thought I might try and print my own. Of course, in case of fails, better print a few, so with these 4, I now have 6 Ha-Go for a game system where more than two would be an extreme rarity. 


Finally, I mustn't neglect my Normandy Panzer Divisions. 12th SS Panzer were equipping with Panzerjager IV in June 1944, though none saw the first actions in the week after D-Day. Just in case, though, and an extra SdKfz 250 is always useful.. 


Not sure if the barrel isn't a little over-scale, but otherwise, nice little prints. Something else totally unsuitable for Bocage country, but well capable of bullying Shermans in more open terrain.

* those of a certain age will recall those one-hit wonders, the Vapours and 'I think I'm Turning Japanese' - recalling all the lyrics 40+ years later just goes to show how much spare capacity there is in the human brain.

10 x 28mm vehicles @20 plus 20 for the Vogsphere = 220 by my maths. And the Japanese armour is another Squirrel point for a total of 11 so far.

1/200 WW2 Japanese Aircraft
1/200 WW2 US Aircraft
1/200 WW2 British Aircraft
1/200 WW2 German Aircraft
1/144 WW1 British Aircraft (not quite enough for WW1 German Aircraft (doh!))
28mm German Armour
28mm Japanese Armour
28mm 12th SS Panzer infantry
28mm Indian Mutiny Sepoys
28mm Dr Who
28mm Austrian Napoleonic

From the Vogsphere, it's into the Great Abyssal and the inner ring...  how many can I zoom around in the next 4 days I wonder?



That's a great set of Japanese vehicles, Doug! No need to worry about having six Type 95 tanks - it just means that you'll have to expand your infantry forces so that you can play "Big CoC".

Tamsin (covering for Greg who has a household emergency to deal with)

ps Yes, I do remember The Vapours. For those who don't, but are intrigued by the reference:



8 comments:

  1. Great looking Japanese and axis vehicles, I really think so!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice vehicles, Doug! I especially like the subtle camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish to these vehicles and yes I remember The Vapours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vehicles Doug, love the early war stuff especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these vehicles. Desperately trying to work in a joke about Alphaville's Big in Japan or maybe BOC's Godzilla, but it's not happening.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Doug, I can see the Utes and Crossley AC being good for VBCW

    ReplyDelete