Wednesday 16 March 2022

From AngusW - Native American Indians (Pendraken) (116pts.)

Painting cavalry has seemed like a never-ending task since the start of the challenge. I had hoped to paint 100 US troopers and 200 native Indians as part of the AHPC. While I have managed the US troopers I've still 81 native Indians in the box to paint.

Here we have my final native Indians of the challenge. As usual, I blocked out all the colours, slathered them in Army Painter strong tone (and accidentally the living room carpet) then went back and added a few highlights. I had meant to paint 60, but I miscounted and only painted 59. So I only based 58.

The pictures never do them justice, but they look good on the tabletop.

58 x 10mm cavalry @2pts each = 116pts.




From Millsy:

These look great Angus! There's something about massed native cavalry that makes me hear the sound of hooves and the screams of the charging warriors. These are a fine addition to your previous posts and will give the US troopers no end of trouble I'm sure. Well done!

9 comments:

  1. These look great. Ready for a game of pony wars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Angus! Did you also highlight the living room carpet? If so, would that count as terrain?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking natives, I imagine the living room carpet would create a nice prairie for your forces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Angus! I look forward to hearing about your first pony wars games on the next WSS podcast episode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely done, now stop bloody moaning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking cavalry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! I've been listening to your moaning on the podcast. Only 81 to go!

    ReplyDelete