Wednesday 16 March 2022

From TashaH Middle Ring Sprint [Arrakis][Star Yacht][Noel’s Comet] (70 Points)

Hello Wednesday! I am here to steal earn as many points as possible with the fewest possible figures. I had hoped to make Greg twitch a smidge and mumble incoherently about no-good point grabbers. I’m certain he’d prefer all the point siphoning today to his household emergency!

 Here we are on Arrakis. Dreadfully dry planet. What is that? A tornado? 

 


 

This little wonder was a pain in the derrière to make. It is a print from Thingiverse. The file is an all in one with the base and swirl attached, but the twister is quite fragile and broke off from the base. It also cracked. Thank goodness I have an assortment of glues at the ready. I also had full intentions of covering this bad boy with sand, so no harm. 

 


 

I added an ivory craft paint to some white glue and mixed that into some sand and thinned it a bit with water. I applied the concoction over the twister, which I’d applied a beige base coat to as well. After that dried to a tacky finish, I sprinkled fine pumice on top to give it a fine sand look. I wanted the pumice to sit on top, rather than sink into the glue, which is why I waited. After everything dried, I went in with a few shades of brown and just did some light dry-brushing. 

 


 

That’s enough of this dusty place. I need to get aboard Lady Sarah’s Star Yacht. This Halfling (that’s right… a Halfling- not even a whole figure!) from WizKids is going to pay my toll for some well deserved libations on my way to Noel’s Comet. 

 




 

Hmm… this looks remarkably familiar. I seem to recall being here before. I won’t bore you with another of my rambling soliloquies… although from what I’ve read of Noel, he would approve. If you missed my previous ramblings, they are here… Tasha's Tribute on Noel's Comet

My last visit did not net any bonus points, as I did not provide a suitable figure. I have returned to rectify that. I give to you all a humble squirrel. No explanation needed as to its lore.




 

The points…

One 1x1x1.5 terrain - .138 point (using Tamsin's formula but math is not my strong suit!)

2 20mm figures - 8 points

2 planet bonuses - 40 points

Star Yacht Bonus - 20 points

Total points - 68.138 or 68 to keep the spreadsheet happy :)

Now... I could be really egregious with my points grabbing and jump into the maelstrom, but I will just scoot to the planet Lune, to initiate my final flight plans. 

***

Well done Natasha - perhaps not quite the true "Enron" level of points-accounting achieved by such luminaries as Ray (or Teemu!), but still worthy of an internship in the Finance Advisory Firm "AHPC Value Consulting". 

The work here is all lovely (and it is always hilarious to see a squirrel - I'm surprised my dogs did not start to bark). I've added a couple of extra bonus points in recognition of all of the nonsense you endured trying to paint a Tornado! Now do you understand why only insane people/PeterD squander their precious life force to paint terrain?

Thanks for posting on Wednesday, safe travels for the rest of your Challenge Journey!

GregB

17 comments:

  1. I will review ‘game tapes’ of Ray and Teemu to get my brush and point taking skills to maximum levels over the next year, in order to take full advantage of my internship! Thanks for the laughs Greg! (I still love making/painting terrain 😉)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That squirrel is superb! :)

    @Greg - Oi! I'm painting terrain at the moment! Shedloads of it! OK, maybe enough to make a kennel for a chihuahua... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin! I look forward to seeing your Chihuahua sized lot of terrain!

      Delete
  3. Another squirrel? Great job, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever entry Tasha. Love the squirrel - I've been watching his compatriots treat my squirrel-proof birdfeeder like a pinata, so they can scoff everything that falls on the ground. Crafty little things.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren’t squirrels just the most annoyingly clever creatures? The weather has (finally) broken here and our two squirrels have returned. They have been in the front yard making my Yorkie, Lily, bonkers!

      Delete
  5. Very nice squirrel and it is nice to have another new member in this extraordinary team. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s one of the best teams I’ve ever been a part of! :)

      Delete
  6. Impressive tornado, very clever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice terrain and figures and a proper Wednesday points grabbing post,something I failed miserably to achieve!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain! I tried to live up to the Wednesday points grabbing legends but I have a lot to learn!

      Delete
  8. Great post Natasha. I’m catching up on blog reading so am late responding to Greg’s barb. Terrain is way more rewarding than fussing over helmets and shoulder flashes on space marines. You deserve more points for attempting to paint a tornado, which is I will point out not terrain but a weather effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! I like that … I created a weather effect!

      Delete