Wednesday 16 March 2022

From BruceR: Over the self-set bar with the finish of my FIW British SP2 force (40 pts)

Here we are near the end and I've slowed to a snails pace. 

I divert from hobby, so look away if not interested.  😉I took a slight vacation to help out my son, who manages a rather large ranch.  He went skiing and for 4 days I babysat the ranch with 250 pregnant cows ready to pop any minute.  I'm not a rancher, but have been around farms quite often.  Well, I didn't get any hobby done.  Part because I relaxed when I wasn't checking the herd or feeding the horses, bulls, or entertaining my hound and my son's 3 cow dogs.  To my relief no calves were born until today, when I was back home and at work in North Dakota.  

Here is my hobby side trip.  South Dakota in March without snow is a bit unsettling.  




The Hounds



The Herd

Here is my submission.  Again, another group of 8 Front Rank 44th Foot for my FIW Brit force.  I now have 3 groups, with a group of highlanders.  I already do have some natives and rangers as well to flesh them out.  I'm heading to Adepticon next week and meeting some like minded Lardies for a few games.  Very excited after the past two years.








I hope to get a few more bits done to include deployment points for SP2.  

Cheers

8 28mm         =  40 pts

Total              =   40 pts



That's a great looking octet of British troops, Bruce! 

Tamsin

10 comments:

  1. I love the hint of frost on the bases

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice additions to your group and have a nice time at Adepticon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking Brits!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful addition to your Britt force! Have fun at Adepticon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to like about happy hounds, cows and minis?! Great work on those Brits and have a terrific time at Adepticon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the redcoats. Great to see your spread and fauna too. We’re hip deep in snow in Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fine work, Bruce. Today I'm babysitting three young grandchildren, and consider myself fortunate I'm not looking after all those cows. You're a good dad.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete