Wednesday 16 March 2022

From LeeH - Desert Movement Bases (10 points)

Today’s entry is one of those little side projects that ought to have been left until after the Challenge, but I couldn’t help myself and started on them anyway! I did check if this entry was allowable before working on them, and I was assured I could get away with submitting a pile of movement bases as a terrain entry (blame Tamsin if I'm wrong! Lol). Despite the simple paint job, these took several days to do to make them match my basing style for this project. 


I have spent a small fortune on all these but I wanted plenty of options for use with my French Foreign Legion stuff so, bit by bit, I have been adding to the pile and now it's time to get them done. I measured this out (pics below) and they come to a little over half a terrain cube, so ten points worth. Not exactly exciting, but definitely necessary. 

Incidentally, as more evidence of my ability to procrastinate when I ought to be painting, I have made some unit labels for this project. The idea is the painted blocks are laid flat showing only the unit name, but when the player activates the unit he/she can flip the block up and see all the relevant movement and firing stats (and the Leader attributes) at a glance. I’m not a fan of making players do ‘admin’ (using clipboards and rosta sheets etc) and much prefer to use this sort of on-table marker to convey information. 


Zero points for these of course, but I just HAD to get them done! Now I really ought to get to work on my last painted stuff for the Challenge. 



Yes, I'm to blame! But if we are counting relatively flat terrain tiles as terrain, then similarly finished movement bases should be counted as well!

Nice work, Lee!

Tamsin

9 comments:

  1. I agree, those should be counted, even though they won't give many points. Well done on the "info blocks" as well, something I plan to adapt, but most likely forget...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those unit blocks Lee, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking and useful movement trays! Cheers Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love those unit blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems logical for the movement trays to be included - great job on getting them done. It seems like they’d be tedious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wednesday weaseling continues, I thought that I was the easy touch Minion but Ms Piper has me beat.
    All kidding aside, good bases and great unit blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, Lee. Bravo.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Lee, its always good when movement bases match the background terrain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those unit blocks are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete