Friday 18 March 2022

From Mike D. Heavy Normans and Light Romans (365 pts)

I got off to great start this year. I was well ahead of my intended pace entering into February and was hoping I could make my secret dream stretch goal of a thousand points. Then this past month I kind of hit a wall. I don't know if I burnt out early, or the winter sads just got to me, but I had a hard time painting at my usual past these past few weeks. In addition, I had intended to parcel my output into more frequent posts this year, but here I am with my yearly final points-bomb. I've even got a few 15mm elephants I've painted that I'm still hoping to photograph and post tomorrow. 

But here I've got two chunks for the historical army projects that were my primary goal this year. First Republican Roman Velites.




Then I've painted up a few more Perry Crusaders for my Norman army:






So that's
61 x 28mm foot @ 5pts  = 305
6 x 28mm mounted @ 10pts = 60
Total = 365

That should put me just past my goal of 700 pts and a personal best. Thanks again to everybody.

From Millsy:

You're by no means alone in feeling the burn this late in the Challenge Mike. Even so you are still producing quality and quantity so congrats to you mate. It's always satisfying to make inroads into a large project and you've done that here in spades.

Congrats on reaching your points target too!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice bomb, Mike! You are not alone, I had difficulties to keep up the pace in mid-Challenge and I had to force myself to post something, even very small, each week. It helped I had several on going projects on different states, so I could choose what to paint and usually there was something easy to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I always dream on creating a big points bomb in the end, but it never works... :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on hitting your goal and great work. Love those velites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection! Congratulations on hitting your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Norman bomb, Mike. I hope you can get those elephants done for us in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking troops and well done on hitting your target!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete