Friday 18 March 2022

From BenitoM: Landing at Arda with The Fellowship (30 points)

Likely my last entry in the Painting Challenge this year, and also the last planet I'll be scouting in the Challenge galaxy.

 


I brought today two remarkable characters of the Fellowship of the Rings: Aragorn and Boromir. But instead of the well-known models from the early 2000s Warlord range, I have unearthed two quite old (mid 80s) Mithril Miniatures castings from the deep layers of my lead pile.

In those years I was mainly an RPG player and a Tolkien fan. The release in Spanish of the Lord of the Rings RPG manual was like a lighting ball and triggered a frenzy hunt for miniatures to be used in our adventures.

 


The models here are truly old school (old in the wider sense of the word), but despite the age, I still find them nicely sculpted and full of character.

This is Boromir:



 


   








An here Aragorn













Now some of you may wonder, if I were such a LOTR fanboy how it is possible that almost 30 years passed until I painted this models? No surprise to anynone, we wargames are like butterflies: not much later  these models were acquired in several trips to UK as student (and later for professional reasons) I shifted my sights to boardgaming and historical figures games.

In any case I'm quite happy to have contributed these models to the Challenge this year.

In terms of points, I'm scoring my last 30 points today: 2 x 28mm models @5points + 20 planet bonus

To conclude the Challenge this year, I'd like to thank Dave for taking care of us on Fridays, Curt and Sarah for organizing again this edition of the Challenge and to all of you taking the time to look at my entries and leaving comments. Take care and will hopefully see you in 9 months from now.

 

From DaveD - an excellent end to your challenge Benito its been a joy to see your creations. 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely painting, Benito! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on these ESDLA figures Benito.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Benito, I love the spirit of these venerable Mithril Miniatures. Also, thank you so much for once again participating in the Challenge. It's always wonderful to have a friend from Spain within the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting, Benito.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice painting on these goldies! It has beem fun to follow your posts, Benito, see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid painting on these two,they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete