Friday 18 March 2022

From LeeH - Foreign Legion Casualties (14 points)

My final entry to the Painting Challenge is a small group of Legionnaire Casualties. With these completed, I have achieved all of the items on my pre-challenge planner (it's not just random, I always have a plan!). It has been a wonderful Painting Challenge and I remain in awe not only of the painting skills of many of the Challengers but the output of some of the leaders (you guys are machines!). I’ve had a great time and got everything I wanted painted, and a bit more, so once again the group motivation of the event has served its purpose.


These models are from Blue Moon and are wonderfully detailed for 15mm figures. I only need a few of these and will be using them as set decoration rather than as casualty markers. I was going to base them individually but as they are purely for decorative purposes I decided to base them on little multi-figure vignettes. I will be using these inside the Desert Fort that I painted earlier in the Challenge to add a bit of life (and death) to the scene.




Points wise, I’m only claiming 1 point for the completely prone figures (because I only have to paint one side!), but 2 points for the figures that are sitting up or crawling because they are more 3d. So I make that a modest 14 points bringing my Challenge total to a respectable 923. Not my highest challenge total, but as I said, I have painted everything I wanted to, without getting too stressed in the process.


Now I am going to sit back and watch the mayhem of the last few hours of the Challenge and marvel at the wonderfully talented painters that have taken part this year. All that remains after that is to clean up my painting desk and get all my figures out for the traditional wrap-up shot. Kudos as always goes to Curt for running this amazing crazy event, and the incredible Minions for their tireless effort which keeps the runaway train on the tracks.

(And yes, I’m already planning for AHPC XIII).

From DaveD - an excellent completion entry there Lee. It's been a real pleasure to watch the creation of this project! 

9 comments:

  1. Nice casualties, Lee! Glad to have had you with us for the Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve really enjoyed watching this project grow Lee. Great stuff all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legio Patria Nostra! Nice work on these casualties. They should provide some grisly elements to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Peter, it was a delight to see this project come together, Lee. Wonderful work. And thank you for your support and participation - always a pleasure to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a plan AND stuck with it… impressive :)
    I’ve really enjoyed watching you complete your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm impressed people can make plans and stick to them in these Challenges! Very nice mini dioramas, Lee, see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great Legion post from you and I can't wait to see them all arranged together Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice way to round off your Legion project, lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete