Wednesday 18 January 2023

From AlexK: Is it still fashionable to be late to a party? (14 points)

The answer to the question in the title is "Not really Mr Knott, if anything it shows a slight lack of readiness on your part or, as some may say, a complete lack of care and attention". Ahhh fond memories of high school are coming flooding back.

That all said I have actually been painting miniatures, specifically Marvel Crisis Protocol miniatures, namely Baron Strucker and Rhino. I may well of spent far too long on these but I think it was time well spent, enjoyable if nothing else. I suppose some pictures are in order, so








So points wise I think that's two 40mm models at 7 points, so 14 in total. Hopefully by the end of the competition I should have a few more Superheroes done.

Cheers,
AlexK


____________________

Great to have you with us Alex, and this is a very fine start to your Challenge.

The brushwork on these two villains is superb (I have fond memories of seeing Rhino in my Saturday morning cartoons). I particularly like the flesh on Rhino and the flame effect on Baron Strucker. Lovely work.

14 points it is and welcome to the roster!

- Curt




9 comments:

  1. Lovely painting on these two, Alex! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, I especially like what you have done with Rhino. Unlike most superhero characters he doesn't have a broad pallete to work from so it could have been a dull model but I like yours. (Now if I can just wipe that Paul Giamatti performance from my memory...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely minis, Alex! I like the Rhino and especially the posteron the base. And the mini is very smooth, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rulebook/mag is a stroke of genius Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Alex! Glad you made it 😉.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally worth the wait. Rhino-dude is just great and the green on the green baron makes me green with painting-talent envy. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! I like the basing as well.

    ReplyDelete