Wednesday 18 January 2023

From JamesM: 'Really High' Adventure (High Adventure Studio) (25 points)

Hi folks,

I feel like this might be stretching the meaning of the 'high' in 'high adventure', but since I was painting a drug manufacturing 'Apprentice Clan Chymist' I figured I'd push my luck...

In Necromunda, gangs can recruit 'hangers on' which provide specific benefits. The Chymist allows for the creation of various useful drugs and poisons for the Escher gangs she is part of. I'm pretty sure there is also a recreational and commercial aspect to her work as well.

So what better entry than a gothy geek lady with a special interest in chemistry who gets into all sorts of hi-jinx searching out different components and reagents in the depth of the underhive!  

This model is another 28mm 3d print from CrisisActorMinis on Etsy, this time a 'Print Minis' creation. Mainly because I wanted to avoid paying Forgeworld prices for models that I may not use very often. 'Print Minis' have a fantastic and rapidly expanding range of useful proxies. 


Again, this model was painted using the 'slap chop' method (black base, grey then white drybrush, then speedpaints). I tried to go with a slightly medical colour scheme - Hence very 'medical' green, a yellow under suit and a slightly less medical looking orange glove. Again, the model looks a bit duller in the pics that to the eye. I did have to touch up the flesh, as I think the Army Painter speed paint crusader flesh is a little too subtle for me. I painted this whole model in a few hours, and while she could do with a few highlights, I'm happy she is table ready. 

Points wise, 5 for a single 28mm model, and 20 should my minion feel this model meets the studio category. Can't have a film studio without some sort of pharmaceutical support, after all!

Minion Miles: superb work for only 2 hours - very nicely done!

9 comments: