Tuesday 17 January 2023

From IanS: 6mm Napoleonic Russians (288pts)

 

So this week the emphasis has been on the Napoleonic Russian 6mm army.

All these figures go towards the 10th Infantry Division of Sackens Corps at the battle of Leipzig.  this Division consisted to three Brigades,  two of Line Infantry and one of Jager, totalling 8 Battalions.

I have struggled with these figures for a number of reasons:

I did not like how I painted the Jager's and had to redo them.  The other main reason is that the flags are not coming out how I would like then, so I an toying with the idea of printing out flags and finding a way to secure them to the figures.

 

But here goes:


Belozersk Infantry Regiment of 2 Battalion, this with the previously posted Crimea Regiment gives a 3 battalion Brigade.

 

 


 

 




Next up is the Jager Brigade of this division of three Battalions made up of the 8th and 39th Jager regiments.

 


 


 

Finally its one of the two battalions of the Yaroslav regiment, form the last brigade.





Hopefully next post will have the final battalion for this division, plus its Commanders, Skirmish formations and attached Artillery Battery.

 

 

So the points I would like to submit are as follows:

 

3 Infantry Battalions – 288 6mm figures at 0.5pts per figure = 144pts

3 Jager Battalions - 288 6mm figures at 0.5pts per figure = 144pts

 

Total 288pts

 

Does any of this get me a squirrel?


That's certainly a good show of the massed ranks effect that 6mm allows. It's just a shame that the lighting in the photos means that we can't see them in all their painted glory.

As far as squirrels go, if you haven't already submitted 6mm Russian Naps then this lot will count for one.

Tamsin

17 comments:

  1. I'm with Tamsin on this one, from what I can see there looks to be some nice paint work especially at 6mm. Unfortunately the lighting pretty much kills the details.

    ReplyDelete


  2. I completely agree about the lighting. The place I usually does not do well for 6mm. I am trying out other lighting techniques.

    I do apologise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What might help is to use something like my set-up - I use two A3 sheets of black foamcore (one flat on top of a box file, the other vertical behind) and a couple of LED daylight lamps set angling in from the front.

      Delete
  3. marvellous, make my Scots look massive

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the lighting makes it hard to see the painting - this is what the dark, massed ranks of Russian infantry would have looked like to their foes. Nice points bomb - there are a few Challengers who dabble in the smaller scales - they might have some tips. I've heard you have to dial up the colours to brighter ones - more so the smaller you go. But what do I know? 25mm is God's Own scale and it is only with regret that I've moved "up" to 28s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, Ian! Are they 3D printed figures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3d prints from MC £2 a file. Friend printed 30 battalions of 96 figures for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I recognized them, I’ve printed a bunch 😉. Not 30 96 figure battalions though!

      Delete
  7. A massive horde of little Russians, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a solid mass of troops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work Ian, there areca lot of figures there and having had a go in the past I think painting 6mm Russian Napoleonic infantry is a real challenge. I'm amazed you managed so many!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great massed effect of teeny tiny Russians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work on wee Russians.

    ReplyDelete