Tuesday 17 January 2023

From MattW: Sarah Limousine, unfinished business Roman Aux Cavalry, Roman Aux Infantry (215 points)

Unfinished Business 

First off this week a little ride in Sarah’s limousine, from too



As payment for the luxury,  a female miniature from the Warlord Dr Who Range, “ River Song, The impossible Astronaut”. I am quite happy with my denim result, the figure sort of looks like the character but is a little flat in the resin casting. 

River Song, the Impossible Astronaut




I arrive by luxury  limousine to offer my “Under Construction” SHQ Dutch 20mm Marines, these chaps were commenced before I went on holidays in November/December  have been awaiting highlighting and basing ever since. I did not finish the support company off as planned, so it will miss the cut off for today, so more under construction to do before they can be based….! 

Dutch Marines 20mm SHQ

WIP heavy weapons for my Dutch marines


Next up a Ala of Roman cavalry from the Foundry Range, I really love these miniatures and I think they are still the best imperial Roman’s available. 







Finally a unit of Auxiliary infantry, again Foundry Miniatures with Warlord Command, and First Corps miniatures.  




Roman Auxiliary III Augusta Thracium


Final points tally 


Lady Sarah limousine  ride                                     20 points 

28mm Dr Who miniature                                          5 points

Under Construction                                                 20 points

Roman Auxiliary Cavalry                                        80 points

Roman Auxiliary infantry                                        90 points

Total                                                                       215 points

(Side duel Roman 170 points)


Cheers

Matt



Wow! What an entry - Dr Who, Dutch marines (hmmm - given that almost all of the Netherlands is below sea level, doesn't that imply that all Dutch soldiers are marines?) and Romans. What's not to love about this post?

Tamsin

34 comments:

  1. What a super mix of minis. They all look great and it's impressive to get that much done in a short space of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very close to completing some artillery units also Peter, but run out of time. I am on holidays for the next two months so managing 6 to 8 hours on the desk a day at moment. Although I have been out for lunch and on antique shopping trips with the better half.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  2. Marvelous work, Matt. For me the Roman cavalry take the prize. What a nice looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work, love the cavalry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Martin, I love painting horses so a little crazy!

      Delete
  4. Great work Matt. Can you share the base size/dimensions for your Romans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cavalry 50 x 50, which is fine for foundry but the bigger makes will need 60x60. My infantry not really happy as things overhanging but on 50 x 40. Thinking about 60 x 60 for the infantry

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  5. Excellent Roman cavalry. Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Matt! Obviously I love your Dutch marines, and let’s pretend your Roman cavalry are the Ala Batavorum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the rest of the marines are not far behind, working on them this week as they are part of my personal target this year.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  7. Cracking set of minis. The Romans look excellent with their bright green shields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes two more units to go in the same scheme, then maybe some cream or blue.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  8. Very nice! I particularly like the cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great auxiliaries Matt and who doesn't love Alex Kingston (although I'm not convinced it's a great likeness 😜)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Yes a great actor but te figure is a bit off for me

      Delete
  10. What an entry today! The lady looks fearsome but my favorite are the Romans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work Matt - I am another who particularly likes the cavalry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cavalry so tend todo more work on them

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  12. Awesome looking Romans! The rest are good but the Romans take the biscuit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian, I think this is my fourth imperial Roman army!

      Delete
  13. Cracking work Matt. Love the Romans!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely stuff Matt - I agree the Foundry metal EIR are one of the best ranges out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting long in the tooth but still fabulous

      Delete
  15. @Tamsin: actually, only about a quarter of the Netherlands is below sea level (I was born about 30ft below 😉). Also, we are not very warlike. On the other hand, very few of us don’t swim; perhaps that counts too? 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes you nearly all qualify as Marines!

      Cheers
      MattW

      Delete
  16. Great work Matt. Wonderful mix and love the Romans and Foundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a big fan of these, they have been in my cupboard of shame for nearly ten years…..

      Delete
  17. Very nice Matt, you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The work desk is messier, ever tried to paint eighty Roman’s at once…..

      Delete