Saturday 7 January 2023

From Steve K - Rohan Infantry 122pts

 Now then,

A bit late submitting my entry today, as I struggled to get them finished off! But never mind, here they are.


So 24 x 28mm Infantry have been this weeks efforts. I paint my Lord of the rings stuff in a slightly different way from my normal method, mainly because my forces are so big. So batch painting is the order of the day, where the mass is more important than the small details.

These all have an oil wash applied, which I have found saves a huge amount of time when getting them cranked out.

I have also painted up and finished the movement trays for the War of the Ring game system, which I prefer, as big armies and big battles is what its all about for me!

These are MDF movement trays from Warbases.

And finally, here are the three companies, 1 of Archers, 2 of Militia.


So, scores on the doors...

24 x 28mm foot @5pts = 120pts
3 x Movement trays.... I don't know....

That's it from me this week!
Steve

Great looking set of figures, Steve. Batch painting may not yield the highest quality minis, but as you say the mass is more important when fielding big forces. These Rohan troops look great all ranked up and ready for combat. I'll throw in an extra couple of points for the movement trays too.

One small point, please add labels to your post as it makes it easier for people to search for it if they want to come back to it, or to browse related posts on the blog.

19 comments:

  1. Great looking warriors Stig. Lovely work with a limited palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Millsy. Trying to to keep them simple and quick is the order of the day.

      Delete
  2. Those are well done, please would you mind advising what shade and where you got the dry grass tufts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best ask Dave D, he made them for me.

      Delete
    2. They are 4mm static grass . With an autumn shade and a mix of dead/winter in with it IIRC . I usually make the local guys I play with a job lot every year or so . Really easy to do once you have the kit.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking Rohirrim, Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look great! I like the drab cloaks and your basing is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really good, a cohesive unit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice group of Rohan Warriors. They will provide some inspiration when I get to painting my own batch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Rohan! I have fiished early this week our annual family Christmas LoTR films (extended version) marathon and after so many years I still fell achill when Theoden orders charging the orcs armies in the Return of the King. The painting of these models are really high standard

    ReplyDelete
  8. War of The Ring was a big reason for me collecting all those LoTR plastics- it is great to see someone else still pursuing armies for that game. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great, especially all in their bases. Very effective and attractive colour palette too. A fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking defenders of Rohan. Excellent painting and love the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rohan, I guess someone has to paint up the bad guys. Nice looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Stig, they look great mate

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete