Wednesday 1 February 2023

From RobH - SAGA - Dark Age Archers - 90 Points

 A second post for this week. Early last summer, I received some Gripping Beast or Victrix Plastic Miniatures, in a zip locked baggie as part of a purchase. I finally  got around to painting a Unit of Levy Archers.



In addition to the archers, I completed another two elements of pack mules, pulled from the mountain of lead.




For my final entry is a LOTR figure, but I really don't know what it is. I was unable to match it up against the current Games Workshop website.





12 x 28mm ARCHERS @ 5 Points = 60 Points

5 x 28mm PACK MULES @ 5 Points = 25 Points

1 x 28mm LOTR Mystery Figure = 5 Points

Total 90 Points

A good collection of really useful minis here Rob.  The archers look Gripping Beast to me and will serve in many Dark Age armies.  The pack mules are always useful as scenario objectives, hinderances or food source for the truly desperate.  I've no idea of the LOTR figure so will let other's debate its provenance.

22 comments:

  1. These are great Rob. Could I recommend for your archers, maybe some green stuff or texture paint just to smooth out the transition between the puddle base and the round base they are stuck to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter, I had to admit having been ill, for the last couple of weeks I was lazy. I'm a big believer in texture paint for the ground

      Delete
    2. Am like you Peter.. lazy but efficient 😉 And I love using AK Dark Mud atm for texturing out bases. Hides those figure bases as well if applied thick enough or with grass. Great work all around on the models here!

      Delete
  2. Nice work, Rob! I like the levy archers especially the fellow in the orange tunic. They look like they are fresh from non military chores! ;)
    The mules are nice too with the varied color. The mini is a ringwraith but sculpted like the ones frodo seen with the one ring on. I quite like him in color though as he seems more ominous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! The LOTR mini looks familiar but I can't for the life of me find it. Initially I thought it might be Mithril Minis but I can't find a reference

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twilight Witch King I believe - what he looks like when Frodo dons the Ring…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, I thought the mystery figure may have been a ring wraith of some sort but I couldn't pull it up from my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went digging and found the scene on Youtube where Frodo puts on the ring, during the battle on Weathertop. Those were definitely pale dismounted riders. I will stick with my choice of a little colour for the figure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, that's a 'twilight ringwraith.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twilight Ringwraiths are part of the rotation, they are usually not available, but every now and then they are rotated to web store. And a nice, varied and colourful group, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work indeed. The LOTR model looks one of theose undead under the mountain summoned by Aragorn in the Return of the King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I originally thought as well, however on close inspection, the figure wasn't undead enough.

      Delete
  10. Very noice, Rob. Love the Twilight Ringwraith and the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice colourful archers, and the mules are great too! Good to add some atmosphere to any table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely collection of figures, love the pack animals!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete