Wednesday 1 February 2023

From TeemuL: Soviet Guns [World Cinema] (72 points)

For the World Cinema I unfortunately have no Murin and Drar minis or stories, even if Middle-Earth or New Zealand counts as a place where I do not live. Instead I have 4 pieces of Soviet artillery, 15mm for Flames of War.


They are from the starter I bought almost a year ago, I still have a few self propelled guns to paint, but I have painted some units from other sets, so it is not totally slow. That's 2 76mm guns with 5 crew and 2 57mm guns with 4 crew. My research of colour is limited almost entirely to the box cover snd I picked up the details I could. They are part of Operation Bagration, the green grass bases (sawdust) represents the Ukranian soil. At the moment not perhaps the most sympathetic choice for a battle field, but they were considered the good guys then (I'm saying this as a Finn, whose country was on the receiving end a little bit earlier).


Some of the crew are resin minis, which came as extras/alternatives in tbe box. I was trained in gunnery, but worked on the signals, so I don't really know if the positions and poses make any sense. I just tried to make them different. I should have positioned the tables so, that there would be someone looking at the maps on them...

4 guns at 15mm scale are worth 4*4 = 16 points

18 crewmen at 15mm scale are worth 18*2 = 36 points

World Cinema location = 20 points

It's 2:20 pm CST, do you know where you Minion is?  Well neither do we, so Curt's asked me to pick up Miles' slack for him.

Ok even I know enough to touch issues regarding Russian territorial ambitions in Finland so I am walking away from except to comment on the minis.

These are great, the 76mms will do great on table service and the 57s have their uses too.  As my Atlas says that Finland is an Independent nation and not part of Russia so you get the room bonus.  However a less charitable minion might point out that this is not too far off me claiming that North Dakota is an entirely alien landscape.


21 comments:

  1. Nice work, Teemu! The guns and crew look spiffy and are no doubt enjoying their 3 weeks of summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good and I like the bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had some problems in the first place with the bases, but eventually found this rather simple, but realistic look.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Nameless Minion, the usual one is fond of slacking, this post was already Ready last week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bang! Well done Teemu. Glad the post finally got up for us to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some impressive ordnance, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Soviet artillery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete