Wednesday 10 January 2024

From BrianC: Greeks, scatter terrain, and Bolt Action (100 points)

Alrighty, I didn't get much done. But, this is what I have. Warlord Games Greeks, Bolt Action Universal Carrier from my new British & Canadian Army Starter Box and 3D printed scatter terrain.


I managed to draw a 6" x 6" square as stated in the rules. I hope this works. The 4 big yellow blobs are haystacks from the 1700s & 1800's. In the bottom right corner are 2 3D-printed trees. Then we have 2 3D-printed treasure chests, and next to them is a stone archway and a 3D-printed column. I don't think there is a "topic" for the terrain to be placed in the library. 





Next, are the Greeks! There will be plenty more in the future. I'm almost done with the Warlord Games Greek Starter Army. Here, I have 8 Hoplites. I'm not sure if the colors are what they were back then.


I learned to add the decals before gluing them on the minis. Ha! 






 I really had a blast painting and weathering the Universal Carrier! 
I added the Universal Carrier to the "new acquisition" topic.





3 Soldiers have a full body. The driver is a half-body miniature. Do they get separate points? Or are they included with vehicle points? I'll let ya decide on that. I'm a newbie to this challenge. Ha! I didn't take advantage of the library cart this time. But, I will on the next turn-in. Take Care.


Take Care all.

***

Another post from a new participant in the AHPC! On behalf of the benevolent tyrant known as the Snow Lord and his Council of Loyal Minions, I extend a hearty welcome! And you have provided us with a lovely assortment of different projects - and I am always impressed by those who manage to ever paint any terrain of any kind...

You have pretty much nailed your scoring projection - although I will gently suggest that in the future you share your calculations without any graphic formatting (which I had to remove from this draft post) and that you ensure the text in your submission is "left aligned" (which I edited where I could).

100 points for you!

GregB

13 comments:

  1. Lovely Greeks! The carriers are great fun huh? Such a neat little kit. Well done on the weathering it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work and I also really like the weathering on the carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, welcome to the Challenge Brian! Terrific work here. Those Greeks are wonderful and the carrier is ace as well (but gosh does it look like an uncomfortable little beast). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome aboard, fantastic first entry, the Greeks look awesome but my favorite is the universal carrier it is so nice great painting skill all round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greeks in a Bren Carrier now that is fusion wargaming 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good variety of topics here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greeks in a Bren Carrier certainly would show those darn Spartan's a thing or two! Nice painting on all of the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta work Brian. The Greeks are excellent and the carries wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the Challenge, Brian! Those hoplites are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great entry Brian from ancient to modern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome on board Brian -- and a great mix of contributions here, the Greeks are great but that Bren carrier is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  12. The carrier is great! I love those Greeks too. I wouldn’t worry about the colours as no one knows for sure and you can’t go wrong with any sort of natural looking kind. Those you chose are very effective, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cracking stuff . I do love a good Bren carrier …

    ReplyDelete