Thursday 18 January 2024

From ShawnD: Mantic Games Halfling Engineer (5 Points)

Halfling Engineer (Mantic Games)  

For the model, it was very difficult for me to paint.   Two reasons here; 1) the model when assembled has many cracks and crevices that cause me to make mistakes.  2)  I assembled this model from a Mantic kit and didn't know anything about glue accelerants.  If I were to build and paint is again, I would paint each piece separately and then assemble the model to see if that is a better way.   Too bad I already have scads of models built for this challenge.   You can see where the glue is a little sloppy.  

I did use a lighter primer code on this model to bring a little pop to the colors.  I really like the way the regular paint when on.  I'm going to paint with Speed Paint 2.0 for my next submission over a white primer to see how that works. 

This 28 MM model should be 5 points, that's what I am guessing.




I like to make up little stories for my figures when I paint them.  I just think of them while I paint, wondering if it's ok to share here.  If so I'll post if as a reply to this post

TeemuL: Yes, our second special guest today is Shawn, who usually is part of Wednesday group, but for reasons is today part of our Thor's Day group. And a halfling with machine gun is a nice addition to the Thor's day group. Very nice brush job and neat result for speed paints. And yes, we all love stories, bring them on!

11 comments:

  1. That 8s a very big gun, nice painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Shawn, I look forward to your work with the Speed Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to say it even though it's already been said but that's a very big gun, look forward to seeing how the speed paints go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. You might also try out a light wash, I find is a quick easy way to add definition and helps blend areas together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite the gun he is carrying there. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool figure, Shawn. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worth the extra work. You’ll know better next time too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's what I call a Big Gun !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun model Shawn and great work.

    ReplyDelete