Thursday 18 January 2024

From Barks: Bony bits (25 points)

 Some quick bits with plenty of skullz. First, some Bone Horrors from Descent with 30 skullz.


Next is a purchase I specifically picked up for the Skull Duel many months ago when I saw it on special. It is some sort of Age of Sigmar scenery, but I will use it for post-apocalyptic desert terrain. The details are exquisite- the suture lines in the skull and the internal structure of the broken bones are pleasingly accurate.




Halo Jones for scale

The jaw can be opened...

... or closed.

Three separate parts.

Quite tall, and the base is festooned with skullz.

I spent more time trying to get the base to match my mat than I did painting the skeletal remains. There are 17 skullz including the big one.

3 x 28mm Bone Horrors (15 points)
Skeletal scenery (~ ½ terrain cube) (10 points)

Skull Duel +47 (total 128)

From Millsy: Some great bones here Barks! The Bone Horrors from Descent are skullariffic but I think my favourite is the dinosaur(?) skeleton. It reminds me of the weird tunnel-like bit in Pitch Black, still one of my favourite sci-fi flicks. 25 points for you mate!

23 comments:

  1. That's great Barks, big skulls have to be worth more, great terrain match too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still only counts as one- rules are rules...

      Delete
  2. Bonkers - cracking creation and great terrain piece … good job Barks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bone horrors. You have managed to come up with a great bone recipe there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter, it is hard to do bones wrong.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful stuff Barks, up to your normal level of Barry-ness. Should we be worried that you know what the skull suture lines should look like on that scenic piece(s)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barmy not Barry, but you can be as Barry as you like!

      Delete
    2. I have a reputation as a skull aficionado...

      Delete
  5. So. Much. Skull.
    Fantastic work Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet I've never worn the Skull Duel Crown...

      Delete
  6. That's a great looking piece of terrain. You really did it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tipping the skullometer. And great work as well Barks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you also hear its constant call for skullz?

      Delete
  8. Remarkable rendering of beasty bones! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love these mate, you've got the bone look spot on, great work 👍

    ReplyDelete