Wednesday 15 January 2020

From ByronM - Curtgeld / Hawkins Hill and more Star Wars (140 Points)

Since it is getting close to the deadline for getting our entry fee completed for the challenge, I figured it was about time I get mine in!  HINT for anyone else that is slacking, the deadline is 30 days after the challenge started, so you have less than 1 week left!

I didn't really have a plan for anything specific for the entry fee since there was no real theme set for it this year.  So I started digging through my pile-o-shame looking for something that would be recognizable by challenge members as mine.  I came across a bunch of Great War figures left over from the first challenge that I entered which was in 2014, so #5 I believe?  Has it really been that long?

Worse yet, I got this all ready to go a few days ago and almost had it put live!  Then realized, that I would need something that was older than challenge #7 for my next map space!  See, I really am just winging it as I go... I really should have planned ahead!

So, here is a great war Canadian soldier that I am submitting as my entry fee.  He is waiting to be shipped off to a new home someplace.

Also this weekend, I worked on finishing up some more Star Wars: Legion figures.  These make up the last things I really need done to be able to play a game, so I will be trying to get one in this coming weekend with friends.  They are 4 speeder bikes with scout riders.

I am sure since the Imperial force can aim so well, they should have no issue missing obstacles as they speed along.  What could go wrong!

The only things I have left to paint up now for Star Wars are a few characters (which will get some more time spent on them) and some objective markers for missions.   Watch for them, coming soon(ish).

This should provide me with a little bit of a points boost.  I believe 5 base points and 25 bonus points for the Curtgeld plus 30 points for it being for Hawkins' Hill, and then 60 points (4 x 15) for the 40mm speeder bikes for a total of 120 points.


From DaveD. Thats a fine Curtgeld entry - i love the war weary look on his face.  Your Star wars stuff continues to inspire i must say. I am going with 140 points for this for you for the speeders







11 comments:

  1. The storm troopers are excellent, but that entry fee steals the show,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking speeders and really lovely great war soldier!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Byron. The entry figure will be a great addition to someone's collection and I look forward to hearing what you think of Legion now that you have a playable force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Byron. The WW1 figure is very, very nice, and the storm troopers look the part very well. As Curt has said, will be curious to hear your thoughts on Legion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I need to speed up on the Curtgeld but my bosses (the one at the office and the oine at home) don't let me go!! BEautiful painting work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Curtgeld and some more superb Stormtroopers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work there on the speeders. A wee’ lef5 to Curtgeld! Missed that, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all lovely figures!

    ReplyDelete