Friday 13 March 2020

From ByronM: Second last - bits, and a balloon ride ( 66 points )

With the challenge coming to an end soon, and with vacation for me starting this saturday I have madly been trying to finish up the last bits to post up.  As a result, this post will be my second last post of the challenge.  Also, as I am trying to pack up today and get ready, you are all going to be spared from my normal long write ups as I just don't have time to write up that much for these!  Hurray!

First up is an Ork jet car that I have been working on to go along side last years Ork Ferrari F1 car.  This will be used for a chariot racing game that Curt has shown me, that I think fits the Ork racing style quite well.




Next up is a command stand for my 30 years war Holy Roman Empire force.  It is a simple command stand with a few banners and only looks different than the rest of the stands in the army by nature of the rounded corners on the base.



Since I plan on using these figures for Pike & Shot and for By Fire and Sword, I wanted to keep the basing of command stands different than normal units for that they work with P&S, but similar enough so they still work in BF&S, I think this accomplishes that.

Lastly, is a female character figure from the Cthulhu game, Death my Die.  I had planned on using her at some point for a balloon ride when I needed to get out of a corner on the map, but that never happened, so I will just use her now to go on a jolly adventure in the sky with Lady Sarah to wherever her heart desires.




One more post coming in a little bit showing off a big project I have been working on, but not quite finished....

The points for this one should be 20 for the 28mm vehicle, 8 points for the 4 15mm figures, 5 points for the 28mm woman, and then 30 points for the balloon ride. That should make for a total of 63 points.



That's some very nice bits to (almost - I know there is a final post in the queue!) finish off your Challenge for this year. That blue dress is particularly nicely done.

As for points, you forgot about the Ork Ferrari's driver. I'll add 3 points for him.

TamsinP

6 comments:

  1. Awesome work Byron on a great mix of disparate minis! I love those Death May Die minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Byron. Love the orks ride, but the femme fatale opisthotonos my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Byron! Love the Orc buggy. Reminds me of a B-17 bomber somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking ork racer and super looking vamp!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🎈🎈Oh .... What a dame! I imagine her as a chanteuse, singing in elegant cabarets and secretly collecting information for the spy agency she works for.....🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ork buggies are very fun.

    ReplyDelete