Friday 13 March 2020

From IainW: 28mm Cooke's Crevasse (New Army) Early Imperial Roman Onager (52 points)

Last September I went to my first tournament, knightsfever in North London to play To the strongest! With my Italian wars figures as Venetian condatta as the armies had to be medieval (mine were pretty late medieval!) I have to say I really enjoyed it, it was a great learning experience and I managed to not lose every game!
 I wanted to have another go this year,the only slight  problem being that the theme is Rome and its enemies and I have neither, plus the tournament is in June, so three months earlier!
As I didn't have a Roman army I thought I'd better get some, I picked up an army box of warlord plastics in their post Christmas sale and then remembered that some years ago I picked up a couple of DBA armies back when I bought things on Ebay, put in a low bid and if no one else bids you get a bargain that you don't really need!





Well now was the moment I needed them, here is a newline Numidian onager ,I've painted the crew as Roman's in tunics with their shields and helmets stacked against their pila ( those bits came from the warlord plastics sprue)
The PVA is still wet but it's going to do!
So the onager or wild ass is a stone thrower,  I guess limestone? Which fulfills the location for  30 points, 2 x 28mm figures 10 points and a crew served weapon at 10  points giving a total of 50 points. Hawkins hill next as I desperately try and scramble up the mountain in time!
All the best
Iain


That's a nice stone-thrower Iain. I'm going to add a couple of points for the separate scutae and pila.

TamsinP

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff Iain. Maybe the PVA is still wet, but the weapon is ready to toss some rocks! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I always love Seige engiens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Curt says, nothing says last week of the challenge like wet PVA. Nice bit of artillery Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! I know, desperate times,trying to hit a deadline!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the extra points Tamsin!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete