Friday 13 March 2020

From PeterD Pic-a-nic at Pipers Peak (55 points)


Hey, hey Booboo it looks like a Pic-a-nic over at Piper's Peak....*

Ok I'm making for indulgence from our flight attendant here.  It's a horrible pun, put so was the Peke (or alleged Peke in that case, since the model certainly wasn't a Pekinese).   But I wanted to post these figures and I knew that Tamsin is a big fan of Annie Norman's stuff.

This is a set of five members of the Women's Land Army, see the article at the IWM for info, on a lunch break from working the fields during WW2.  They are from Bad Squiddo games' wonderful Women in WW2 range.




Not a whole bunch to say on these.  They are wonderful casts, with lots of character and paint very nicely.  They are in regulation green jumper and Khaki overalls, but a couple sport non-regulation head wear.


I enlisted my wife's help in getting the hair colours right and she suggested toning down the red head and adding more colour to the blonde.  She was of course correct on both counts.


Lynne also had me adjust the colour of the girls' tea as the first attempt looked "strong enough that a mouse could trot across without getting a foot wet".




* I did honestly look for a Yogi Bear figure to add to this post but no joy.  The closest I could find was a 200mm multipart figure on Thingverse.


Assuming that I haven't appalled Tamsin too much with the pun, that's 5 figures at 5 points each plus 30 for the location.

I haven't subject you to my musical tastes this challenge so will rectify that with appropriately titled "Me and the Farmer" by the Housemartins.  This band ticked a lot of boxes for me - jangly guitars, poppy tunes, lovely harmonies and biting lyrics.  Half the band went on the form the Beautiful South while the bassist became Fatboy Slim.  May I present the boppiest song about bonded servitude ever written.





So, they're having a peek-a-neek to qualify for this location? OK, I'll let you off then.

Smashing figures and the hair tones do look good - you should be very thankful for having Lynne around to advise you on such things. 

TamsinP

18 comments:

  1. Also a big fan of Annie's stuff (to bad she won't do these in 15mm)
    These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work here Peter, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minis Peter, love the polkadot headscarf. Housemartins/Beautiful South are brilliant. Saw them perform in Italy way back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, Lynne and I agreed that the kerchief was a must.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Peter, these lassies look straight off the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great figures and love the Housemartins. What a great band they were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, for the pun and the minis. I should get some of Annie’s minis to repurpose for SCW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I think you could find lots of uses for them in SCW. The land girls with shotguns look very useful.

      Delete
  7. Excellent work Peter! Really like these ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I’m really pleased with the results. I have a lot of respect for the care and time put into this range.

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking land army types and nice hair, sorry can't stand housemartins/beautiful south, irrational but true!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Iain. Your loss on the music

      Delete
  9. Great stuff, very pastoral.

    ReplyDelete