Friday 13 March 2020

From PhilH: Springing Up, then Pausing for Refreshments at Hawkins’ Hill (36 Points)

And to wrap up my speedy Challenge Island tour, I dash up Hawkins’ Hill, pausing only briefly for a refreshing jug of local wine. It’s a well-trodden path to Snowlord’s Peak.

Hawkins’ Hill demands a model from Challenge VII or earlier. Crikey do I have a lot of models that would fit the bill. But no time, no time, I needed something done fast to reach the Peak on time. So just one mini.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I believe this model has been bought, prepped, primed and based since circa AHPC 2. Or maybe even predate it entirely. Bought as part of an old Peninsular war project, that I was working on when I first started blogging in  2011. And I think the last. I I from the pack to paint. I may be slow, but in time, I’ll get there.


The shawl was too tempting not to add a pattern to. 


She’s from the Perry Miniatures Carlist War range, a useful set of civilians. Probably stretch to a country bumpkin in the SCW. I don’t know why she’s not wearing any shoes, must be uncomfortable.



And with that, eight Island locations marked off, to Snowlord’s Peak and whatever devilish task our Snowlord sets me.





And he's home! That's a very nice young lady you've painted for your own island location. I do hope there's more wine where that came from - I may need some myself if the pic-eating bug carries on much longer!

I'm awarding an extra point for the freehand design on the shawl.

TamsinP

ps - good luck at Snowlord's Peak - you're cutting it rather fine!

16 comments:

  1. Great work that shawl is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree and love the overall painting ........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Phil, as always, just incredible stuff. As others have noted, the shawl is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I have these whims and sometimes the come off ok!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I can't believe that you let that figure sit unpainted for 8 years! She's a beaut and you've done her proud. I really like that shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve a lot of boxes with forgotten minis in. Painted and unpainted hah!

      I need a display cabinet for the former, really.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous painting as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutting it fine is my standard MO, Tamsin! I have my task and am cracking on.

    Also I’m 4 points short of my target, how upsetting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a beauty Phil. Methinks I need one for my collection as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably already have one in your lead shed,..

      Delete
  8. Nicely painted mini Phil! Will certainly fit right in with your SCW collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bravely serving Rioja to the weary troops.

      Delete