Tuesday 29 December 2020

From ByronM - Star Wars Legion: Snow Troopers and Pit and Pendulum room submission (60 Points)

Painting has been slow over the holidays, with lots to do, but little getting done...  I have been assembling and priming more than painting over the last few days, but I have managed to get a few really quick things painted.

First up is a unit of Stormtrooper Snow Troopers for Star Wars Legion.  While they are relatively plain, that is how they are supposed to be, as you can not do a whole ton with white before it doesn't look white.

These were painted up grey then highlighted white. The black painted in, and then clear coated.  I then used a light tan oil paint to put all over them, then wiped it off with mineral spirits to leave it only in the crevasses.  While it may be odd to put a sand colour onto snow troopers, this was done as they are actually going to be used with my normal stormtroopers as part of my desert force.  Not traditional, I know, but I did not want them standing out against the rest of the force.

Next up is a submission for the Pit and the Pendulum room.  I had no idea what to do for this room, so I went off to thingiverse and grabbed a guillotine to go along with my French Napoleonic forces.  I am sure I can find a use for it as terrain in a game or two in the future.

Again, just a very simple paint job, mainly to play with my new "Instant Colours" from Scale 75 that showed up just before the holidays.


Overall, two very simple and basic submissions, but at least it is a few things complete! 



12 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Byron. I really like your Snowtroopers (the tan wipe worked quite well). Love the guillotine! They need one of these set up on the White House lawn on January 20th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work on the Sand Troo... errr.... Snow Troopers. Painting white is a tedious business at the best of times but your method certainly gives a very nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the white, always a challenge.
    Love the guillotine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tan makes a nice shade on the white. The guillotine looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! The bucket next to the guillotine is a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking snowtroopers and guillotine!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on them both, I resisted getting a guillotine for my entry, but I do see the attraction now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star Wars French Revolution, that's a new period to me 😉 nice job all round 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Star Wars Stormtrooper Snow Troopers! The white works very well and the guillotine looks suitably ominous.

    ReplyDelete