Tuesday 29 December 2020

From Dallas: 28mm Hardened Adventures from the Casting Room: 25 points

I've been busy painting but not so busy posting - but my next entry is this group of five 28mm "Hardened Adventurers" from Foundry side-hustle "Casting Room Miniatures". I picked up this pack during an in-person visit to the Foundry itself in 2019. 

Every party needs a fighter and this guy is mostly great - but I didn't care for his open-face helmet. So off it came and a helmet from the Curteys Miniatures range was substituted in its place.

He's loaded down with weapons and gear, which I like.

Hard to not paint a bearded wizard in grey robes!


Clerics can be hard to find but this one presenting his "holy symbol" would be a welcome addition to any party.


Adding some more fighting power is this ranger. I deliberately painted him in earth tones.


Lastly there's the obligatory thief/assassin dude. A pretty plain model but he's OK.

Like I said I have plenty more figures in the pipeline to post here. All fantasy figures which is a bit strange. However if Canada Post finally gets its act together I'll have some more historical models to paint soon.
 

12 comments:

  1. I haven’t come across Casting Rooms before- thanks for bringing them to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great selection of minis and a classic adventuring party. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice range discovery, thanks! I especially love the cleric model

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh these are super characterful, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these old school figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Dallas. Love the helmeted Cleric figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking d&d style party!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart work, I especially like the fighter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am especially impressed with the cross on the sur coat and shield; very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one Dallas, a quality Dungeon Crawling Crew there 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good show, the cleric is my favourite. They all look great, though!

    ReplyDelete