Tuesday 29 December 2020

AdamC: Scratch built Merchant for Black Seas The Golem's Haunt

 When I first saw this rooms I thought I don't have anything to fit this one... and started looking for a female mini... not finding any I ordered some... which only just arrived. Then I started thinking... and the line "... Stitched together" struck me and I figured I throw this one out and see if it sticks! 

I had a number of brigs to build but with 8 Brigs already painted I didn't need all of them.  I had already converted two of them (part of 4 actually) into a "Small Merchant" merchant vessel you can see how here: Brig to Small Merchant

The ship came together nicely and painted up a nicely as well. I decided to put a bit of blue paint on her hull because I don't think any military ships had that paint but it was commonly used on house ect in the time. 


Points wise She is of similar size to a frigate so 18 Points seems about right.  Miles has suggested double points for sails... I will suggest an extra 5 points for rigging and sails for this ship but I leave that to Curt and the minions  Still this should net me about of 38 or 43 Points (assuming this is accepted as proper for this room). 


12 comments:

  1. Wow Adam, you have really been nailing the Black Seas stuff. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the conversion, it looks fantastic with the rigging and sails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, this seems pretty tenuous for the theme. I'll give you 5 for that plus another 5 for the rigging. Otherwise, a very nice merchant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always impressed when someone attempts rigging! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bit of kit bashing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bit of sideways thinking, nice try 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see more sails, the ship looks very good Adam!

    ReplyDelete