Tuesday 29 December 2020

From JamesM - 10mm Fantasy Knights (For Joshua) - 24 Points

Hi folks,

Given all the events of this year, plans for the 'For Joshua' charity gaming project in honour of my little boy have been more or less put on hold. Whilst I've spent a lot of time this year basing up the various donations, I've not painted many more of the 10mm figures I had still to do for my own contribution. I decided to start this years AHPC with some progress on these. January looks to be a tad busy, so not sure how much more I'll get done!

These are 10mm metal figures from Magister Militum, and in keeping with my 'Bretonnian' theme I've gone for a unit of 'mounted Sergeants'. These mail clad lancers are more 'medium' cavalry than heavy, and probably get all the dirty jobs the knights don't feel are honourable enough. 

They still, however, carry the colours of the kings army with his red and green on the shields and flags, while their connection to the land and the Lady of the Lake is signified by their dark blue clothing.  




I did consider doing these chaps on three smaller 50mm rounds, but in the end decided to go for a single ranked unit. I believe that these twelve 10mm mounted troops come in at 24 points. 

14 comments:

  1. Great to see you're still working on that project. Lovely additions to the project and I'm sure whoever will be their future owner will love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on this unit for a worthy project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic bunch of cavalry, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I age I really have started to appreciate these smaller scales, and your models totally exemplify why that is. Great work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking cavalry unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing group of figs
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid squadron! They certainly have a Bretonnian feel to them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete