Tuesday 29 December 2020

From MikeF - The Price of Entry - War Griffon's Warhound Titan - Adeptus Titanicus - 12 points

 For the price of entry I completed a Warhound Titan for Adeptus Titanicus. I advised Curt at the beginning of the challenge that I would be painting this for Dallas Ewen should he complete the dungeon challenge. Hopefully this serves as sufficient motivation. It will also save me mightily on any postage!

I painted it in the style of the War Griffons legion to match a new titan maniple he's painting. I tried to match Dallas' painting style as much as I could, but I decided to leave out the weathering and ground work. I find that weathering techniques are a very particular taste to each painter and the ground work helps unify units into a larger army. As this model is intended to see the gaming table, I fully intend for the new owner to complete the weathering and groundwork to their own taste.

The model itself is a Lucius pattern Warhound titan. Games Workshop only makes the Mars pattern, so this model is actually a 3D print ByronM made for me a while back. I have a 2nd identical one which I'll be painting up as Legio Ignatum later in the challenge.

For points, I looked back at a previous challenge and saw that Curt awarded 12 points for one of GregB's warhound titans, so I'm going with that.

The model came as a single print which is pretty impressive.




11 comments:

  1. Fine work on this fellow Mike - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking titan, plus you get to shoot it up on table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, that looks great! Does this mean I have to clean out the entire dungeon??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking god-machine. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That print came out great, and that's a great yellow you have: very opaque and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mighty looking creation, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some machine that is! very neat paintjob.

    ReplyDelete