Sunday 3 January 2021

From SanderS: Curtgeld and a gift (21 points)

 Hoi There!


We're all supposed to enter some painted figures as an entry fee and here's my submission for that. Last Challenge (and mostly during the Quarantaine Challenge) I have painted a lot of Star Wars Legion figures as part of a commission for a friend of mine called Roel. At the same time Paul Scrivens-Smith was painting up his forces and we started a "discussion" through the replies-section on both our posts and on facebook. 

These figures are inspiring and so I liked painting them a lot. As it happens I stumbled along a young firm in Belgium doing legit prints for creative 3D designers which has a lot of Legion compatible figures LINK. I ordered some stuff and along with the order came the two figures presented below, that I will be entering as entry fee.


First is Lama-Su, the Creator of Clones, the sculpt is a very close likeness and paints up a dream. 





Second up is a Republic Jedi General, not unlike Fantasy Flights games Obi-Wan figure this one has a general's battle armour but a clean shaved face so it's not a different version of Obi-Wan himself.




The light-sabre is supposed to be purple, but that isn't very clear in the pictures.

The third and last figure for today is a TIE-fighter pilot-ish figure, I have painted him as a Royal Guard fighter pilot. I am not sure whether it is intended as such but I think it looks cool and every 'un knows: "RED UNS GO FASTA!" ahum anyway this figure is not part of the entry fee, it's a gift for my friend Roel who might be able to use it in his games of legion for sure.




All the figures were incredibly well cast, very crisp and without any air-bubles. The service was prompt, shipping fast and packaging good too. I can recommend the firm Perikles.be wholeheartedly.

As for points, I believe it was Tamsin herself who pointed out to me that these figures are more akin to 40mm ones and as such I have put them at 7 points each netting me 21 if I am not mistaken.


Cheers Sander



19 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Sander! My will is quickly collapsing with Legion and I'm sure I'll be jumping in soon with both feet, so your post is not helping! (Or maybe it is!) I didn't know Legion figures are that large, but I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! I will let you in on a secret: I have a lot of West End Games 25mm figiures still waiting to be painted so I was really thinking of NOT getting into Legion. The rulesset is also a bit tedious too me as it fills the table up with all kinds of markers and chits, but the figures...boy those figures are gorgeous and a love to paint... so I will cave in soonish too I guess.

      Delete
    2. Do it, both of you. Join the Dark side

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking star wars trio!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, your friend should be very happy with such a unique figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart, he actually is, I sent him a link to this post and he found out about it through it.

      Delete
  4. Really nice work on these SW figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Sander. I hope to resume my own Star Wars: Legion project at some time during this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul I am looking forward to seeing your project!

      Delete
  6. Lovely Sander, great job on the Star Wars minis
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work and thanks for the link to my shop ;) Really glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three very succesful minis! All very different but all quite splendid!

    ReplyDelete