Sunday 3 January 2021

from KyleC - Viking Warband for the Armory (205 pts)


So it's been a hectic holiday season here with much going on as always. But since the new year kicked off I have been a bit busy. 

I was able to get a bunch of Vikings printed up here over the holidays though, and now painted up. This will give me a chance to play some Viking SAGA once lockdowns here in the UK finish. 

The first batch was a collection of Sheildmen and Sheildmaidens for the Jarl. Tried to keep the colors muted with the odd greens and blues for the tunics, and tied them altogether with reds on the shields. 

These three valkyries were interesting to paint up and wanted them to have a bit of mystical looks to them with the blues.

The riders need reinforcements still as they seem a bit small to take a proper charge but luckily I have the files to print more later :)

And the last batch is a collection of berzerkers and 2 handed welding maniacs! Should be good fun to see them get into combat then!

This also brings me to Squirrel #5 so far... 

So the collection works nicely to get me through the armory chamber netting me 20 pts there. 5*29 figures making 145 pts. And 4 riders for 40 pts. A nice 205 pts post holidays and we move onto Gallery of Ancestors where I will dive into my War of the Roses York forces. Quick shot being of them below..

Let's see how this all goes! 😂 

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic and fantastical looking group of Vikings and Valkyries. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeepers, you've been busy Kyle!! These vikings look fabulous! I particularly like the Shieldmaidens. Rockin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that church in the background of the bottom photo; is it one of your 3D printed creations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Picked up the file back in November and spent a week printing it. I plan to get it painted alongside the York forces there. Just bought some nice large plasticard for it to be based on.

      Delete
  4. Yikes that’s an impressive looking Great Heathen Host Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a bag of Victrix Vikings to get through at some point that I got over the holidays. Though I suspect I will spend a bit more time as they have more clothing than these printed versions!

      Delete
  5. Great looking Vikings and Valkyrie!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea for the warband!

    Nice brushwork too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking collection of figures, Valkyries are my favourite
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very fine collection. The valkyries are great but the bare-chested horseman is my favourite. Excellent painting!

    ReplyDelete