Friday 1 January 2021

From StuartL - A Slight Case of Scale Creep - 45 points

 Moving on from the Armoury, I find myself at the Hall of Ancestors. Sadly I don't know much about my own ancestors, I've never heard of having anyone famous in the family and there are no stories about Great Great Grandad's daring exploits. So, I went a different way and looked for models that could showcase the past and present nicely.

Back in March 2019 I posted up 5 Goliath minis for Necromunda. These minis usually come 10 to a box, but I had also used one for a conversion elsewhere. To get the 5 minis I needed for a Squirrel point, I had to find one more Goliath figure for the group. Luckily, I had one of the very old 1st edition plastic figures lying around. Basing it up to match the rest of the gang, I repainted it so that it kind of, sort of fits in.


This is the 'ancestor' in all of his malformed glory. The right arm is about 50% bigger than it should be to match the figure. He's also quite short and stout as well.


And these fellows are the descendants. They are still overly muscled figures, but the proportions are much better than before. The figures come with loads of war-gear options and are fairly easy to assemble in a variety of poses.


Side by side, you can see the difference between the old and the new quite clearly. The sculptor has included some design elements from the older figure like the mohawk, the belt with a skull, and the large boots.

So for 5x 28mm minis, that adds 25 points to my GW duel as well as my total, plus 20 more for the Hall of Ancestors (assuming that the entry meets the Snowlord's approval). Between them, there are 11 Skullz on the belts, weapons and pouches. As there are 25 points here, they also count as a Squirrel for the Necromunda game.

My running Duel Totals are:
GW Points - 280
Skullz - 100
Squirrels - 4


12 comments:

  1. Fun looking bunch of goliaths!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. A grim looking crew. The old timer fits in rather well. None of us are made in the same mood and maybe he just works out more with that one arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter. I doubt the original figure will see much use on the table, but it was nice to paint up old and new together.

      Delete
  3. A great take on the theme Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. The challenge themes have been a lot of fun so far.

      Delete
  4. Some great figures and memories, there, Stuart! Top work, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a big difference between the two, top entry 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a great use of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart interpretation of the theme, and a fine figure!

    ReplyDelete