Friday 1 January 2021

SebastianR: Ho Ho Ho-all of ancestors (45pts?)

Happy New Year fellow challengers and casual blog readers, in order to clear the Hall of Ancestors and to and to justify this (rather pricey in retrospect) impulse buy.

 

"But wait! I" hear you cry. "What does this super deformed santa tank have to do with ancestors Sebastian?"

Well, amongst the last collection of miniatures I painted were a trio of M1 Abrams and this super deformed (chibi?) Sherman tank is clearly an ancestor to them as the OG US tank.*

Honestly, I was very surprised by the quality of the kit. The bits came of the sprue easily and with no threat of snapping, and parts even had odd shaped guide-holes to ensure parts were going in the right places. I also usually hate decalling, but these ones were a dream to work with. Battlefront has some lessons to learn.

What also surprised me was the lack of quality in the Tamiya spray I originally tried to coat this in. It ran, it took ages to dry and it gave the figure a shellacked quality which I really didn't like. I *was* surprised that the GW red spray I went and bought to replace it, gave a smooth Santa red coat, with only one application. You win this one gee dubs.

I deliberately kept the scheme incredibly simple, as well, it's a cartoon santa tank, and it'll probably never see the the table top. Maybe if I ever play What a Tanker.


Anyway, Santa's here to close out the holiday season and crush the enemies of capitalism with all the might his disposal. Now drink your coca-cola you filthy commie!

20 points for the challenge, 5 points for an oversized 28mm mini and 20 points for an undersized 28mm tank.

Note for Curt/his fiendish minions - tank is roughly 28mm, but happy to accept 20mm points due to tininess/simplicity of paint job.

 

*Tell me in the comments how the M1 Combat Car was the OG US tank.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty wacky Sebastien. Love it. Does the red make it go fasta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kinda nuts, but cool at the same time. *walks back slowly and makes no sudden movements*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking left field entry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing, festive entry. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little Tank. I guess he needs an opponent with a PzIV painted in grinch green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's you presents and if you've been bad Santa has a tank 😀
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. The daring yet traditional colour scheme on the cute little tank works a treat, I love the white tracks! Marvellous entry.

    ReplyDelete