Friday 1 January 2021

From MartinN: Schaeffer's Last Chancers finished [50 points]

Having painted Scope for my last entry I thought I might just as well crack on and finish the remaining five Chancers. So after almost five years the whole gang is finally reunited.








To mark the occasion I also took a group shot with all 12 of them. My painting style has evolved over the intervening year but they work together well enough. In fact the Chancers were the first figures I painted using a wet palette instead of painting straight from the pot.


And while I was at it anyway I also dug up a (luckily poor) picture of their previous paint job... I thought them rather smashing back then at the start of the 21st century. 20 years on and I'm not that convinced anymore. Probably all down to the nicer background for my photo shoots ;-)



OK, that's it for today. Hope you all had a good start into the new year!



17 comments:

  1. Lovely bunch of chancers,your usual excellent finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rough crew 8ndeed. Great work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody amazing brushwork Nick, and it is fun for all of us to get a sense of the evolution of your tremendous painting skills. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Greg, It's always fun to see how our style/technique has changed over the years. Lovely brushwork mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on those classic minis. Your painting has definitely improved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely brushwork on those, bravo

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're amazing! The nostalgia is rushing in like a tsunami.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent painting as always Nick!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Martin. But where’s their Chimera? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are gobsmackingly well done, how much they have improved. You can be very proud. I am in the process of re-painting my First a d Only and hope to do them even half as good as your Chancers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant work, Nick. It's a real treat to see these figures, and also balance that alongside how your painting style has evolved. Isn't it just great to look back at that journey? Terrific stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely set of figs and interesting journey through your painting style.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am constantly in awe of your amazing silky smooth brushwork.... superb work here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow fantastic - there are loads of great posts but this especially stands out for me ! I love the shading effects and especially crisp edging. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cracking work Nick! Quite an improvement in all those years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's some fantastic painting! They look splendid!

    ReplyDelete