Saturday 13 March 2021

From: AngusW - 28mm 8th The 8th Army (well not all of it) - 30pts

When I was planning for the challenge, the first thing I added to my shopping list was the 8th Army AT gun and HMG from Warlord. These should (in theory) finish off my 8th Army force for Chain of Command.

They've been some of the last to be painted due to getting lost in the post. Though I ordered them at the start of December they never arrived until the end of January.

The AT gun was a nightmare, I couldn't quite figure out how it was all to go together. Lashings of epoxy glue were involved. Also, the base of the AT gun supplied by Warlord was to small, so that needed to be swapped out for a bigger MDF base I had spare.

In the end, I'm happy with the results. If there is one thing the AHPC has proved to me, I'm consistently dreadful at taking pictures of my figures. They do look better in the 'flesh'.





HMG Gun x2 figures (10pts) + AT Gun x4 figures (20pts)

5 comments:

  1. Nice work there Angus! I'm sure they'll give those dastardly Germans and Italians something to think about. But your math seems to be a bit off. I see here:
    4 full figures = 20 points
    2 prone figures = 5 points
    2 crew served weapons= 20 points
    So 48 well earned points it is! I hope that's at least some consolation for your pains in putting the guns together.
    And regarding your photography, try taking pictures in front of a black back cloth with some indirect lighting. Or maybe try these back grounds:
    http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/05/photo-backgrounds.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy of glue. Nice work mate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think they've turned out really well in spite of the pain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great and will be welcome support on table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good and I like the basing.

    ReplyDelete