Saturday 13 March 2021

From DrQ: An Arkanaut Ironclad in the Lair of the Great Beast (70 points)

 For the Lair of the Great Beast we were instructed to paint something "monstrous and nightmarish, terrifying and humongous." I chose to interpret this as my personal dragon to slay in this competing—Arkanaut Ironclad for the Kharadron Overlords.





By any definition this thing was a beast: 152 components, on a 170 x 109 mm oval base, and sitting over 20cm high on my custom flight stand. It is also crewed by 6 figures as well. 




I've been working on this thing literally since the challenge started, and I'm glad to have finally completed it.

As far as points, the vehicle is 20 points, the six figures are another 30 points, and the challenge bonus is another 20. For a grand total of 70, I believe. 

From here there's nowhere to go but the Altar of the Snowlord!!!!


7 comments:

  1. I'm no fan of AoS, but I love these airship thingys. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The irony is that with this model I've painted up an entire army for AoS of these chonky bois, but I've never actually played a game. This whole thing has happened in lockdown. I figure even if I don't like the play style they're at least gorgeous models.

      Delete
  2. Well done on conquering this beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks amazing. Well done! I’ve also been looking at AOS from afar and hope to give it a chance...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome entry for a horrible game! While I love the entry and it has so much character, it's a shame it's for such a horrible game like AOS. Great job on all the metalic bits and giving it colour and style, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful looking airship thing. I’m guessing that the scariest thing about it is the price!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looking craft! It's a beast!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete