Sunday 7 March 2021

From Jeff B - Level #1 - 3rd Chamber - Golem's Haunt

 


My next entry is a fantasy figure I picked up in the late 70's or earlies 80's during my D&D days. I'd saved this figure from the great sell off many years ago and was recently found in box while doing a log of all the unpainted lead. Something I needed to do to prevent me from buying figures I didn't need and to curtail the "Oh Shinny" sickness. 

Balrog lives! An adventurer given the name of a demon by the local populace due to his heinous chaotic evil deeds has been reanimated by a wicked sorcerous whom he'd loved to serve her black heart and evil ambitions.


 This is a true 25mm figure from an unknown mfgr, mounted on a thin 1 1/8" fender washer, primed black, and painted with various hobby and craft store paints. The base material is a gesso mixed with sand, old coffee grounds, and pebbles, then painted and dry brushed.



This fig was actually given the name Balrog by one of my buddies Victor, during an adventure, whom I've been gaming with for the past 42+ years. I can't believe that I still have this figure, that it took me this &%$^#(@ long to slap some paint on it, and that I can remember the story. 


This fig will also serve as my entry if needed. 
Chamber 20 pts, 25mm figure 5 pts.

14 comments:

  1. 42 year RPG game?! Awesome.

    Love the mini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curt, I’d meant that I’m still gaming with my buddy Vic for the past 42+ Years. However, hanging with Vic is very much like being in an RPG...LOL

      Delete
  2. Great work on this veteran figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding one to your skull tally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barks, thank you sir! Now that I have a handle in the challenge I will be much better prepared next year.

      Delete
  4. Awesome looking reanimated ancient figure!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Sgt! He sure is a nasty looking chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray, thank you sir, I appreciate your input.

      Delete
  6. I love seeing these old figures - especially like how they all had backpacks with the dungeon baggage and equipment - great paint job! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jez, thank you. Yes indeed, they really had the feel of an adventuring party.

      Delete
  7. Great work. I also had this model back in the day. I think it's a Citadel pre-slotta model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dallas, it’s good to see another old geezer here, lol. Citadel is a very good guess, you are most likely correct as I had tons of Citadel minis.

    ReplyDelete