Sunday 7 March 2021

From MattT - Irish Mercenaries and Army Shot - ( 50 points )

Very happy as i have managed to finish the Scots Isles and Highlands 1050 - 1300 Army for Impetus. This was the individual challenge I set myself, and it is always great to see a finished army. Hopefully it wont be too long till i can catch up with my brother and get a game in with them.

The final units to paint where the Irish mercenaries. I have given them a tight colour pallete of yellows, browns  and greens. I am already thinking of building on them and doing an Irish army. Could be a good candidate for next years challenge.

Here is the group shot of the army primed for action. 10 bases in all. I really like the impetus rules for a couple of reasons. It suits our playtime as i can set up, complete a game and pack away in an evening which is important as i dont have a dedicated games room. The other reason is that the army sizes are achievable and a reasonable size. This has led to me completing some armies i dont think i would have started otherwise.


10 x 28mm models = 50 points 

Stay safe Matt

9 comments:

  1. Nice couple of units ... love the group army shot. Looking forward to the first game! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Matt. Love the palette choice and the hand painted shields are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figures and really nice to see the finished army -- I wish I was as speedy as you with my HYW Impetus project (fifteen months in and almost done!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the final army looks great! Kudos to you for finishing this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Irish and splendid looking army shot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb work Matt. I really like the pale yellow you've used on these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on finishing them, these look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like the Impetus basing a lot. Lovely force there

    ReplyDelete