Wednesday 2 March 2022

From KyleC - Dwarves (170 points)

 I had hoped to get this on last week, but work got the better of me.. so here it is this week instead.. 


I have finished the last unit for my Chaos Dwarf army here as seen below:


A simple 20 man unit to finish off the basic troops there.

Then also tackled the Cereberus Cannon to go with the last posts crew.. 



Really enjoyed that. Just used a 100x50mm movement tray for its base to make it work out in the end!

And then tackled a 'few' character/hero models for the force to play with. 


Big boy on his Cereberus Mount! A happy pup ready to tear the faces off of his enemies.. or go running after an undead giants leg if time permits.. 



Played with the torso of this model here. A bull centaur to lead the others, and also a on foot great weapon hero to kick things off when required!


Big man on foot here. Never know when you need to take the fight to the enemy while slogging it with the boys.. 


Proper little Sorceror and his Familiar. Ready to cast Turn to Stone or Fireball I am sure.. 


Last chap was found in our print pile.. no idea where or when I printed it or why even.. but a bagpipe with flames just seems about right for this army.. so gave him a lick of paint here. 



I also attempted some OSL work on a skeleton. I 'may' have overdone the green on it.. and need to rework the glow aspect.. but it was a nice little trial all the same! 



And just a completed army shot.. even got all the movement trays based up like the models bases to give them some cohesion and really finish the army off. A very comfortable starting army for Oathmark now completed here. Now to find the energy to tackle the Kobold side of things for them to face off against.. or finish the Undead.. or complete that Human one.. thankfully no Elves ( they are too fragile for my liking ;) ).

But yeah.. no idea if the points here correct.. but I put it as below.. correct as needed:

26 28mm figures = 130 pts

1 28mm calvary figure = 10 pts

1 28mm mounted monster figure = 20 pts? I dunno here.. hes big :D 

1 28mm Artillery cannon = 10 pts

So 170 pts perhaps? 

In any case.. happy to have another army finished here.. lets see what I can get done in the next 3 weeks left for the contest! 

***

Wow Kyle, quite the assortment you have here. Some excellent brushwork, and it is always nice to see some fantasy stuff. I have not tried "Oathmark" myself, but I hear good things about it, and it is great to see others filling the gap so shamefully abandoned by GW when they nuked Fantasy Battle (and now busy themselves wanking at Warhammer Fantasy fans about how they are re-drawing maps of the Old World, but I digress). 

Love the army photo, and I am impressed at the results you achieve with the GW Contrast Paint, another example of how all of the tools make a difference in the skilled hands of Challenge participants!

I have no quibble with your scoring, and appreciate the fact that you did not claim the mounter monster as "transformative of battlefield morale" or some similar nonsense - 170 points for you! 

GregB 

11 comments:

  1. A terrific assortment of figures! My favourite is the Sorcerer and his spell book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, such expressive models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your army. All the models look superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very nice minis, Kyle, and your paint job does them justice. Sometimes chaos is seen as dark and grim (may be dwarfs are seen the same), but these bright colours work very well. I like the blue bearded hero the most, I like the metal work especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, the bright beards and aged metal go very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, bright chaos dwarves, lovely army shot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the dwarfs, Kyle! Really good brushwork on them.i like the bright hued beards indicating they are less dour than their cousins! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful and wacky bunch with excellently vibrant colours a feast for the eye Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Kyle, I particularly like the cannon.

    ReplyDelete